Author Topic: What is the p/n for the Water Temp sending unit for a '05 Patriot with C13?  (Read 1992 times)

Mike Shumack

I need to replace my water temperature "Sender Unit" for the dash gauges on my '05 Patriot.

My dash gauges are made by Faria Beede. Their website shows this (TS4042) for the Water Temp Sender Unit: https://fariabeede.com/2-pages/aftermarket.php?family_select=Accessories This is available on Amazon for under $14

Searching around for this Sender, I came up with this website that says Monaco used a non-standard gauge which requires a special sending unit -- (Beede p/n 127346 and Monaco p/n 16617199) the Beede part number does not come up on the Faria-Beede website. I could buy from this website but they are really expensive (maybe rightly so if this Sender is so unique) It's $50 plus $17 shipping ($67.00!). http://e4services.net/73tesemobese.html

Lastly, the "Monacoers" forum parts list has a VDO 323-086 listed for the Water Temp sender (but it's not clear what models and years this applies to). This Sender is available on Amazon for under $12.

Does anyone know the correct part number and manufacture is for the Water Temp sender for an '05 Patriot with C13?

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Re: What is the p/n for the Water Temp sending unit for a '05 Patriot with C13?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
Mike if you looking for water temperature sender off engine ( C-13  ) will need engine S/N number.
There are 6 water temperature sensors to choose from . Dave

Mike Shumack

Re: What is the p/n for the Water Temp sending unit for a '05 Patriot with C13?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 07:26:21 PM »
Hi Dave. Thanks for replying.
The CAT temp sensor on the engine is working fine. I'm reading 190 degrees on the Aladdin monitoring screen.

It's the Beaver "dash gauge" that is not correct (it reads 240 degrees).

I ordered the Faria TS402 Sender for the dash gauge.
I plan to install it on the top of the engine Regulator (a.k.a Thermostat) housing. It's located there now but it's in a Tee fitting (and the Faria instructions for the Sender say "do not install in a tee fitting"). I'm going to install it in an unused port on the top of the Housing (I am getting an OSB to NTP adapter too).