Author Topic: Question for Dave A - about ports on top of coolant Regulator Housing - C13  (Read 1699 times)

Mike Shumack

There are two ports on the top of the coolant Regulator Housing (C13 s/n KCB21404).

Currently, the Coolant Surge Tank hose and Temp Sender Unit for the "dash gauge" are both in the rear port.
I want to put the Temp Sender in the front port (and leave the Surge Tank hose the rear port) so I can eliminate the Tee-fitting. Because the instructions for the Faria Temp Sender say "do not install Sender in a Tee-fitting" (which is where it is located now). That may be why it is reading inaccurately.

Can I use either port for the Surge Tank or Temp Sender Unit?  Are these ports the same?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 02:12:58 PM by Mike Shumack »

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
Mike, depending on the temperature regulator housing S/N number , housing are different. I
would suggest to be sure and open up the top of Regulator housing and get a look inside and
Note;  if water flow is rerouted or within same as drawing. Same time I would change out temperature Regulator. Dave  Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic