Author Topic: Wiring Diagram for 1998 Patriot 425 Thunder  (Read 2923 times)

Brian Buchanan

• The Buchanan's Rolling Down the Road
  • BAC Member
Wiring Diagram for 1998 Patriot 425 Thunder
« on: October 05, 2019, 03:15:55 PM »
Looking for some technical assistance, my coach is equipped with a Hurricane heating system with our hot water tank that is obviously heated by the Hurricane, but it also has a electric heating element. My problem is that I have no power to the element.
I have checked all the breakers and have found no issues, I have wired it directly so that I could plug it into a regular 120 volt outlet and it works great and maintains the temperature and if we use too much hot water the Hurricane fires and takes over. So now my assumption is that the power feed has an open between the heater and the breaker, now I would like to find out where the power feed runs through the coach so I can either try to find the break or just replace the wire, and a manual with a wiring diagram would be useful, and it was my understanding that there is a section with copies of manuals but I have not been able to locate it, or if anyone has some first hand experience, it would be appreciated.

As a follow up, thank you so much, when we took delivery of the coach two years ago the fellow that did my walk through told me that the switch in that cabinet beside the breaker box was for the pressure washer and I never looked at it again. Now after further discovery it is a three position switch with up for the pressure washer, down for the hurricane heating and off in the middle, and that is a cabinet that is not used often as it is difficult to access in the middle of the bed. Wow I still can't believe I newer looked closer at that switch because it is even labeled with hurricane heater! I owe you a coffee or a cocktail if we ever meet.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 02:44:52 PM by Brian Buchanan »
Laurie & Brian Buchanan
Full Timers
40’ 1998 Patriot 425 Thunder
425 hp C12 Cat
Tow 2007 Ford Sport-Trac

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
Re: Wiring Diagram for 1998 Patriot 425 Thunder
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 05:53:45 PM »
My switch for the seaward hot water tank with the electric element is located in the cabinet over the bed that is beside the cabinet that holds the fuse panel ( center drivers side).  Took me forever to find it, and had to follow the wire back from water heater.  Its not the most ideal location IMO, but that is where it is anyway.  Yours may be the same.  All the wiring diagrams I have seen only show that there is a switch, not the location of the switch.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126
The following users thanked this post: Brian Buchanan

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 08:56:33 PM »
Brian,
To access the wiring diagrams select the Private Members Only board and then Link to Coach Assist. Click on the hyperlink in the message to access the library. (You must be logged in to the Forum).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Brian Buchanan

Brian Buchanan

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 02:48:11 PM »
Carl you have saved me hours of hunting, there the switch was labeled and everything behind a spare pillow, next time we are near Savannah I owe you one!
Laurie & Brian Buchanan
Full Timers
40’ 1998 Patriot 425 Thunder
425 hp C12 Cat
Tow 2007 Ford Sport-Trac