Author Topic: Slide out  (Read 3826 times)

Dale Malquist

Slide out
« on: October 11, 2019, 02:37:14 PM »
Road side rear slide out won’t go out. I can faintly hear some noise in either in or out when pressing switch.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Slide out
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
Dale,
Both bedroom slides are electric with the road side being the heaviest and requiring the most current. I'd start by checking the condition of your batteries. Also, try having you SO hold the battery boost switch while operating the slide as I think that should add the chassis battery  current. Fuse F3 in the toilet box is for the slides but I think it's for both so it is probably OK if the curb slide works. If the lights dim when you press the slide switch, the motor is getting power and attempting to move the slide. If so, I'd suspect a mechanical problem or a slide mechanism that needs lube.
Steve
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:18:52 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Andrew Shoen

Dale Malquist

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 02:24:31 PM »
Thanks again Steve.
A heads up. When you helped me with my headlight problem a few months ago. I don’t know if this coach came with a daytime running light module but if it did someone relieved me of it. So me seeing an empty relay socket stuck in standard relay thereby grounding circuit.

Guy Pryor

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 02:27:24 AM »
When my bedroom slide stoped working the fix was a bad ground connection on the limit switch

Dan Murphy

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 02:18:37 PM »
When our bedroom slide stopped working it was a small control board underneath the stack of drawers next to the closet. When replaced the slide worked fine.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 03:14:16 PM »
When our electric bedroom slide stopped working several years ago, the problem was a broken wiring connection to the motor.  Our friend's son, an airline maintenance technician with Continental-United in Houston, checked the power supply at the panel, then the wall switch, then we lifted the bed and he lightly tugged on the wiring.  The wires to the motor immediately came off.  In less than 30 minutes, he fixed the broken connection and changed out several cheap inline connectors.  We have had no problems since.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!