Author Topic: Thermostat error  (Read 2066 times)

Dale Malquist

Thermostat error
« on: October 15, 2019, 12:25:22 AM »
Our 2007 Contessa has three rooftop air conditioner/heat pumps. The center and rear are controlled by the thermostat in the bedroom. Zone 2 center is working on heat pump. Zone 3 rear heat pump is not coming on. The furnace setting works. I replaced the thermostat and it displays a EE. Other forums suggest communication cable or corrosion problem.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Thermostat error
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 03:20:32 AM »
try resetting the thermostat:

If your thermostat gives the "EE" error code, use the following instructions to reset the thermostat.

1.) Turn the ON/OFF switch to “OFF” position.
2.) Simultaneously depress and hold the MODE and ZONE push-buttons while turning the ON/OFF switch to “ON”. FF should appear in the LCD display until the MODE and ZONE push-buttons are released. If EE appears when the buttons released, do the reset again. If EE keeps coming back there is a communication problem with the cable.
3.) When a dip switch is turned on or off after initial configuration, a system reset will need to be done before the Comfort Control Center will recognize the updated selection. Any time a component is added or removed it would be best to do a reset. There are no repairs to be done to the Comfort Control thermostat.

2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Thermostat error
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 04:08:12 AM »
   Dale, did you have a 5 button thermostat? If you replaced the bedroom thermostat tell me the model you replaced it with. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6