Author Topic: Aqua hot  (Read 7254 times)

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Aqua hot
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 06:01:23 PM »
Richard,
Make sure your thermostat is set on Heat Pump and not Furnace.  If it is, try the Furnace setting as someone may have crossed the wires when hooking it up.  Not unheard of.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Richard Muha

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2019, 06:25:35 PM »
Ive tried both and with heat pump settings I get cool floor air front and back.  On furnace I get aqua hot in front, and cool air on floor from rear.  I cannot get anything from the heat pump roof.  Only floor setting not matter what I set for heat.  Both A/C work fine with individual settings.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2019, 07:32:06 PM »
Richard,
You have 2 AC/Heat Pumps and 2 thermostats. While the owners manual isn't clear re zones, my guess is that each thermostat will operate it's respective AC/HP when zone 1 is selected. Not sure about the AH. I'd try Zone 1 in the rear and if no go, Zone 2.
You noted in a previous post that both ACs came on when you called for cooling with one of the t'stats. Assuming the other t'stat was off or set to a non-AC function, that doesn't sound right and would seem to indicate a wiring error.
Steve
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 08:28:10 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 02:32:02 AM »
As Steve notes, there must be a wiring error.  The Aquahot is a separate device and its floor vent fans should not activate when you turn on a heat pump that vents only via the ceiling ports.  Your thermostats must have crossed wires.

But it's common when roof units are replaced these days, that new models don't mesh with 5-button DuoTherm thermostats, and many techs don't install things with that in mind.  I'm guessing that's what's going on here.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Richard Muha

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 02:58:34 AM »
I have one thermostat that displayed zones 1, 2 & 4.  Zones 1 works the A/C front of coach through the ceiling vents. It also works the Aqua hot in two floor vents.  One located under the dash, the other under the galley.  Zone 2 works the A/C through the ceiling properly in the bedroom area.  Furnace and heat pump setting for zone 2 put cool air through the floor vents in the back bedroom area.  Zone 4 seems to do nothing except when the Aqua hot blower switch is in the on position in the bathroom.  The vent in bathroom then blows cool air on the floor vent.  When both zones 1&2 are in the heat pump setting, only the floor vents throughout the Coach blow cool air.  No action from the roof.

So, I guess the wires in the thermostat are messed up, but why does the Aqua hot not work in zone 2, yet works with same thermostat in zone 1?

Do I need a new thermostat or someone to rewire the existing one and what’s up with zone 4?  I have but two A/C heat pumps on roof.

Frustrating!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 03:08:26 AM by Richard Muha »

Gary Merrifield

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 03:17:22 AM »
Your AC may have been replace and the unit may not have a heat pump

Richard Muha

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2019, 03:36:38 AM »
That would be upsetting.  Just bought the unit 10/7 and was told it had 2-15,000 btu a/c with heat pumps.  Guess I’ll have to have someone get on the roof..  Aqua hot has two authorized service places in Tucson where I’ll be the month of November.  I’ll put it on the list with the engine overheating and a small leak from something attached to the transmission.  Dealer did say they would take care of those two issues.  Getting a little heat on home front too! 🥵

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2019, 05:14:30 AM »
Richard,
From what you are describing, I think all the problems are at the thermostat and its hookup. I'd address that first. BTW, did the dealer replace either AC/HP? If so, I'd be on his doorstep. The Aqua Hot sounds like it is basically working but probably not getting a signal from the t'stat to turn on the zone pumps for the rear of the coach.
Good Luck, Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Richard Muha

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2019, 05:24:53 AM »
They did not replace the a/c.  Thanks.  I believe it’s the thermostat too, after all the discussions.  I’ll get it fixed. 

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2019, 01:54:48 PM »
Richard,
I have a different year and model. That said, the thermostats (1 in the living room and one 1 in the bedroom) both show zone 1, 2, 3. We have had the coach for 7-1/2 years. I believe the thermostat is generic and is used for 2 roof units and 3 roof units. As far as I know, zone 3 is nothing on our coach. Our living room (zone 1) has vents as you mention, but also one under the refrigerator. Just as information.
Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2019, 02:54:14 PM »
Richard,
One other thing you might look at is the AquaHot.  There should be 2 or possibly 3 valves on the upper left that should get hot when you have heat selected.  If only one is getting hot, the other has a flipper in the valve that may be stuck.  Try rapping it a couple of times to see if you can get the valve to free up and then you should be able to feel both (or all 3) valves hot. 
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »
Richard
            Some of what I suggest may have been mentioned, but this is my input.
       We have an 08 Beaver Marquis, so I'm assuming you have three A/C/Heat pumps on the roof and One master thermostat with three temp sensors throughout living area of coach and one temp sensor in water tank bay.
        Heat pumps should have nothing to do with floor registers.

Thermostate: There may be or should be four zones; three zones for living quarters need to be on "furnace", the forth zone "furnace" is for our rear bath and water bay but the water heat exchanger only operates through the selectable temp range that is in the bay.
        If you do not have rear bath, you may just have three zones.
        I suggest to make sure your thermostat control has all Three zones set on "furnace" and temperature selected above ambient temperature. If all fans come on throughout the coach, then your registers that do not provide any heat would indicate a circulation problem caused more likely by the zone circulating pump on the aqua hot and lets assume your aqua hot is providing the heated coolant either by electric elements or diesel burner.
        In this mode, you need to access the aqua hot by taking off the hood to listen or feel if the appropriate circulating pump is operating. If it is not operating, try tapping on it which at times is effective.
        In my opinion this is step one, and then proceed beyond  this, if there is no resolution to the problem, as others have suggested.

Good Luck
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15