Author Topic: Power Bay Doors will not unlock.  (Read 18190 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Power Bay Doors will not unlock.
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2019, 11:51:04 PM »
Stan, Steve put my wiring diagram book in the Coach Assist section a month or so ago.  Scroll down past brochures and manuals and such to Wiring Diagrams and then to the Monterey ones, and the 2006.  That should be almost the same as yours.  I’m not nuts about the Dropbox configuration of it, but you’ll want to scroll down to around page 12 of the book, “Keyless Entry Wiring”.  It doesn’t give wire colors, unfortunately, but if your white wires have numbers and “descriptions” stamped on them you may be able to go by that.  By the way you describe the “K” devices as “breakers”, but they are actually relays.

I don’t know if this link will take you directly to the book.    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1bfb25hx6b1oxd/Total%20Document.pdf?dl=0

A legend for the electrical bay is in the Coach Assist, listed just below the wiring diagram book.

The wire from circuit breaker 03 (CB03) and one from relay K20’s port 87 both connect to relay K21 at port 86.

It shows a short wire between K21’s ports 86 and 87.

The wire from K21’s port 87a goes to ground.

It’s port 85 wire ultimately goes (via wire #619) to the green connector at the Keyless Entry receiver under the dash access panel in front of the steering wheel (hopefully).

It’s port 30 should go (via wire #98) to the far right vertical buss in the bay, TB2, and connect at post 6 (“All Lock”).  Hopefully a blue wire goes from there to the bay doors, and a #98 wire continues from post 6 to the entry door actuator.

Joel

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 12:21:54 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Mike Shumack

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2019, 11:56:21 PM »
I'm glad to hear you're making some progress. two steps forward, one step back progress. Now the rest of us know where to drill the hole. Thanks for that.  ;D

I have a drawing for a 2002 Patriot that might be the same as your Coach (except it uses Relay K16 for the door locks). I was not able to attach the complete drawing due to this sites' file limitations.

I can provide it to you if you want. I'm not sure it is going to help much because the wiring circuits go by "wire number" not color. All the wires are white.

EDIT-- okay Joel was faster - and his info is better, so ignore this post.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2019, 12:30:21 AM »
Tri-Mark still makes all the door latch parts. I'd go there first.

https://www.trimarkcorp.com/mobile/zCategory.asp?intcategoryid=176&topcategoryid=175

2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2019, 12:44:30 AM »
There is one other technique that I have used with some limited success: Take your 211 key and while gently turning the key back and forth, jiggle the door handle repeatedly. Some lube like Tri-flow (applied like holy water) may help. I opened one or two doors this way, after trying many times over 2 days. You can also use channel locks or other pliers to help turn the key, but the soft brass key usually give up the ghost first, and now you have a broken key in the door lock cylinder. Oh, well. Tri Mark will send you replacement door lock cylinders to match your key, they even come with replacement keys.
525 hp C13

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2019, 01:18:44 AM »
Stan,
One other method to try before drilling is to put pressure on the key in the lock and then rap the door with your fist at the location of the actuator. You may to need to do thsi a number of times to get the door to open. This sometimes will work.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2019, 02:57:09 AM »
Great ideas all! Thanks, I'm going to try them! Joel, I'm not trying to fix anything with key-less entry. My entry door still locks and unlocks with the key fob. My entry door still locks and unlocks with the key-less entry.The bay doors have never locked or unlocked with the key pad. There is a spot on the key fob to unlock the bay doors, whether the entry door is locked or not. Using the key fob to lock the entry door, automatically locks all of the bay doors. Sounds confusing, eh? That's how mine has always worked.

One other thing. TriMark's website doesn't show the paddle handle in the chrome plated version I have. I think I recall that they don't make it anymore.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:16:55 AM by Stan Simpson »
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2019, 06:46:05 AM »
I understand that your entry door is okay, Stan... it’s just that it’s part of the whole system and therefore ties in with the relay.  My fob works the same as yours.  As I recall, after entering the code you can press the 1/2 button for 3 seconds on the keyless pad to unlock the bay doors.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2019, 02:21:47 PM »
Not Bill, but I can answer that. No, the holes don't line up. You have to fab a bracket.

When I bought the replacement lock actuators I was told the "new" replacement part was the Trimark (p/n 550-0100). So I bought two but they don't fit properly. I spent an hour or two making some brackets so I could mount them. But then I found that NWRV Supply has the direct replacements (the "gun" style). So I bought two of those (I will remove the Trimark ones when I get a chance and install the correct fitting ones). The ones from NWRVSupply are a direct fit (at least that's what I was told. I have not installed them yet). http://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/L19062-01.html
BCS also had the direct replacements in 2014, maybe not now!  I also found that style at an audio store a few miles from my house.  They were less expensive than shipping from Oregon.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 02:26:50 PM by Jerry Emert »
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2019, 06:38:53 PM »
Tri-Mark still makes all the door latch parts. I'd go there first.

https://www.trimarkcorp.com/mobile/zCategory.asp?intcategoryid=176&topcategoryid=175

Unfortunately, they no longer make the chrome plated door handles in the size and style I have. I am looking for them.
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Mike Shumack

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2019, 08:18:49 PM »
This site normally stocks the door handles (says "out of stock" now) - you may want to call them to see if they will be restocking soon. https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/chrome-bay-door-handle-12429-01

I saw a set on EBay but they are black finish with only the pull handle in chrome (not all chrome). As our coaches get older, some of these parts get hard to find. Another choice may be to go with salvage parts from someplace like Visone

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2019, 05:39:32 PM »
Stan,
Yesterday I fixed one of my bay doors that was not locking. Found that someone had reversed the wires at the actuator so it was working “backwards”, locked when other unlocked and vice-versa. In any case I also found my FOB not functional for bay doors. Battery was good so suspect I need to re-program it for bay doors. Keypad works OK.

I re-read this thread and didn’t see if you had tried the keypad at the door entry. If you’ve got a pad with 2 numbers in each pad, enter the access code and then press (1/2) to unlock the entry door or (3/4) to unlock the bay doors. If you have the single #/pad type, enter access code and 1 to unlock entry or 2 to unlock bay doors.
Were you able to get K21 re-installed correctly?
Steve
Steve

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2019, 10:04:20 PM »
Steve,
No joy on the doors, yet.  :'( Here is a picture of my key-less pad. Here is a page from my owner's manual and what it says about the operation of the Key-less entry. I have not been able to reconnect the K21 relay yet, either.

2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2019, 10:56:50 PM »
Stan,
I sent you a PM on codes. Attached is the wiring hookup for K21 (from 06 Monterey diagram but should be the same). There are labels on the wires so you should be able to ID them. May have to clip a couple of plastic tie wraps to see them. The terminals that attach to pins 86, 87 and 87A may have multiple wires in them.
Steve
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 11:36:41 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Steve

Mike Shumack

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2019, 11:05:27 PM »
I have the same entry Keypad. I enter my code and the (only) entry door will unlock. If I want to unlock the Bay doors, I enter my code then press "9" with a few seconds.

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2019, 11:51:12 PM »
Stan, With respect to your keypad, does the keypad light up and beep when you touch a key? Ours was replaced by BCS as it never did work. Funny, from the day we bought the coach in 2015, I would hear a beep, or several beeps, randomly. I never could figure out where the beep came from, until we replaced the keypad. A call to Essex revealed that the keypad will emit random beeps when it malfunctions.No more beep, unless we punch in a number on the keypad. Like Mike says, #9 after your entry code unlocks the bay doors.
525 hp C13