Author Topic: Aqua Hot  (Read 2043 times)

John Compton

• BAC Member
Aqua Hot
« on: October 30, 2019, 03:55:36 AM »
Last week my coach heat stopped working. Thermostats were sending request for heat but circulator pumps and heat exchanger fans would not turn on. After doing some diagnostics I determined the control panel was the problem. So I purchase a new one and it appeared that it had been installed in something prior to me getting it. It was the only unit they had in stock so I let the parts person know that I would try it, but expect an exchange if it was defective. So I install the new control panel and turn the burner on and it only runs for a brief time. I switch the thermostat on and the pumps and fans kick on and the burner comes back on. So now I have heat again, how ever, if I turn the heat off and just use the burner for hot water it doesn’t burn long enough to maintain hot water.
So my question is, does the control panel have anything to due with the burn time or is that strictly regulated by the limit switch on the boiler? The reason I’m a little confused is the burner worked normally for just hot water with the old control panel.
2002 Patriot Thunder
C-12 Cat

Mike Shumack

Re: Aqua Hot
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 11:17:03 AM »
John, I dont what know what coach model/year you have so I can't offer any specific advice. I suggest you add the Coach info to your signature line.
There are manuals available in the member's "Coach Assist" section. Here's a link to it. Scroll down to "Beaver Equipment manuals/Heating & AC systems" and click the link for AquaHot.

https://beaveramb.org/coach-assist-members-only-new/

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 12:34:55 PM »
John
Be sure there is adequate coolant in the expansion tank.  Too low and it can do much of what you describe.  If there is a fault on the board then use a non metalic pin like a paper clip and push the reset on the control board.  Let us know what model of Aqua Hot you have and many folks here can help.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

John Compton

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »
Mike,
My Aqua Hot is model 450-DE. It’s not original to the coach, it came with a Hydro-Hot I believe. I do have the manual for the Aqua-Hot.. In circuits 32,28,33 there are two high limit switches wired in series. Are these what monitor the temperature in the boiler and signal it to run and shut off? I’m assuming one is like a thermostat that cycles on and off and the other a safety feature that shuts the burner off if it reaches an unsafe temperature. Would these be found under the removable cover near the burner? I need to determine if these are working properly to so I can eliminate them as a possible cause, so I can determine if my “new” control board is defective. The burner worked fine for hot water with the old board, I just didn’t have coach heat.

Keith,
The antifreeze is at the proper level. I did have to hit the reset button to turn off the red fault light when I replaced the board.
2002 Patriot Thunder
C-12 Cat

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 04:33:26 PM »
There are temperature sensors inside the box. Hot and cold. I don't know how to check them, but someone should.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Neal E Weinmann

• BAC Member
2005 Monterey Bayview IV
CAT C9 400HP
2018 Ford Edge Titanium
The following users thanked this post: John Compton

John Compton

• BAC Member