Author Topic: Heat tapes I think!  (Read 5965 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Heat tapes I think!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 03:32:12 PM »
Yes Mike, 2500 dollars later after almost begging a mobile service to drive the 2 hours to my property we finally got it fixed.

David first how did you know I was wearing a fuzzy hoody and sweats?  My HH works really well on hot water and the furnace also but... since I bought the coach in 2014 every time I've tried to heat the coach with furnace something, usually coolant hoses, has gone wrong.  I turn it on and a hose somewhere blows and leaks all the coolant out wherever I am.  I fix the broken hose, turn it on and another hose breaks and we start all over again.  I must have gone through 30 gallons of coolant in the last 5 years in the HH alone.  So I was very hesitant to turn the furnace on this time.  My front heat pump is still leaking inside if I turn it on.  The only thing I can figure is a bad seal around the AC which does not make sense to me because the coils for heat pump are inside and it doesn't leak on AC.  So I got ballsy and turned the furnace on three days ago and it has been working fine this time ... yay, no leaky coolant lines!
So at this moment we are warm and happy.  Leaving for home base (Central Florida) tomorrow morning.  Back to warm weather, I hate it below 60 degrees!
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Mike Shumack

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 03:45:21 PM »
Leaving for home base (Central Florida) tomorrow morning.  Back to warm weather, I hate it below 60 degrees!
Jerry
Just be sure to stay in doors at night - cold front coming.  ;D

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 12:33:05 PM »
I'll break out my old Navy foul weather gear!
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH