Author Topic: Power loss to most outlets  (Read 2169 times)

Andrew Bruemmer

• BAC Member
Power loss to most outlets
« on: November 02, 2019, 08:05:04 PM »
Have a 2002 Contessa.  Have an issue now where there is no power to most outlets using the generator or external power.  I can power the fridge with AC and there are two outlets (one for the washer/dryer and another right above it on the wall) that have power with either the generator or external.  If I switch my Prosine Xantrax to inverter all the outlets have power so does not seem to be a GFCI issue.  As I'm getting power to the fridge and those two outlets it seems the transfer switch is fine (and it does transfer between generator and external when it is there).  I've checked the breakers and nothing tripped but again since I have power under inverter that doesn't seem to be the problem.  Also the air conditioners work.  When I enable charging on the Prosine panel it just stays at standby, doesn't switch to charging.

Could the inverter have an issue recognizing there is AC and not passing it through?  The display shows 0 AC in.  The only reset I know on the inverter is a toggle switch on the outside which I toggled several times. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 08:21:26 PM by Andrew Bruemmer »
2002 Beaver Contessa 40 Tuscany - 3 slides
Cummins ISL 370
2012 Chevy Equinox Toad
Blue OX Avail tow bar
SMI Air Force One

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Power loss to most outlets
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 12:03:45 AM »
   Andrew, I think you have diagnosed your issue correctly. The pass-thru relay inside of the inverter allows the shore power to go to all the inverter duplexes. With no shore or generator power, the inverter creates the power and sends it to the same duplexes. If you remove the small cover on the inverter where incoming romex connects to the terminal strip, check with a meter 120 volts coming in and then the terminals that are the output. If no output, relay is adios. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Mike Shumack

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 12:10:45 AM »
I was looking for a wiring diagram for your coach, but could not find it. However this is a typical setup. Note how some of the outlets come off the "120VAC" panel, and other come through the "Inverter panel". So your roof AC units come directly from shore Power or Generator. As those work the transfer switch is working.
Most of the interior circuits are coming form the Inverter Panel (be sure to check the circuit breakers there). And check the main breaker (in the 120VAC panel) that feeds to the Inverter. If none of the interior circuit are working then it's likely the Inverter main has tripped or failed.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 01:14:06 AM »
Andrew,
Before condemning the inverter, do a hard reset of it. Instruction are in this thread.  http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,8561.msg58974.html#msg58974
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp