Author Topic: 2003 Beaver Monterey inside storage likely without shore power available  (Read 2331 times)

Douglas Hare

First time storing our Beaver away from Wisconsin home base long distance (Texas). It will be inside for 3 Plus months. Is turning OFF Coach and Chassis main switches and Trace inverter good enough if batteries are fully charged prior?? Not sure  because at home I just kept on shore power and checked water levels. Not possible now. Sorry for windy post....Doug Hare

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: 2003 Beaver Monterey inside storage likely without shore power available
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 04:27:01 PM »
Doug,
The ECM is powered by the chassis batteries regardless of the status of the battery switches. The ECM draw will discharge the chassis batteries in week or 2. Assuming your storage facility has a solid roof, preventing solar charging capability. I'd switch the battery switches off and disconnect either the positive or negative leads on the batteries to ensure there is no draw on either battery set. Leaving the ECM unpowered should not cause any issues. See http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,891.msg5961.html#msg5961 for more info on this.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lawrence Tarnoff

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 06:13:46 PM »
We store our 2003 Monterey for 5 months indoors and heated by just flipping off the battery switches.  There’s enough juice left to crank the generator which in turn give me enough juice to get the coach running.

We are also in Wisconsin — Milwaukee area.  Where are you located?

Douglas Hare

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 02:16:16 AM »
Thanks for the reply Steve and Lawrence...I think I will go the disconnect on battery cables. Lawrence we live on the Turtle Flambeau Flowage near Mercer,Wi. Thanks again!!
Doug