Author Topic: Rear brakes on 03 marquis  (Read 3324 times)

Dwight Lakusta

Rear brakes on 03 marquis
« on: November 14, 2019, 04:17:10 AM »
Hi friends. I am looking for part numbers for my drive axle brakes for an 03 Marquis tag with the magnum chassis.  They are disc brakes.  Need to replace pads and rotors..... anyone know where to get the rotors and pads, and or part numbers?   Any help would be appreciated!

Dwight Lakusta

Re: Rear brakes on 03 marquis
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 01:30:09 AM »
Anyone?  I’m in a bit of a bind, the wheels are off and can’t seem to get parts..... wouldn’t mind getting it together!

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 02:06:24 AM »
Dwight, if you are in or near a major city there is most likely a commercial brake and clutch facility somewhere. Remove the brake caliper and pads with all associated parts, then remove the axle and then the hat, that would be the hub and rotor assembly. Remove the rotor from the hub. Take the disc pads and rotor to the brake facility and they should be able to identify the parts and replace them or even turn the rotor. You might want to replace the 2 caliper pins. Take this back and install using the other side as a guide or reference unless you took pictures to refer back to. Be sure to torque bolts and the hub to specs. It should be a Meritor rear axle. Adjust and lube the brake adjusters per specs and the correct lubricant. Most likely clay based grease. Marty

Roy Boles

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 05:26:13 AM »
     Contact Fleet Pride when you identify your brakes. If they not close by they will ship to your shop.
'98 Marquis Diamante
C-12/Allison 4000

Mike Shumack

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 11:11:58 AM »
I believe our coaches are built on the same chassis so should have the same brake setup.
I have not had the rear wheels off - but the "front" brakes are these:

The rear may be the same pads. At least they should be the same manufacture and model.

Doug Till

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »
Dwight,

I had to replace my rotors and brake pads on my rear drive axle last year. I purchased the rotors from my local Kenworth shop (MHC Kenworth-Denver). Their part number for the rotors was 3218K167, Seal was 47697 and Flange gasket was 03-01568. They could supply the brake pads, but they were out of stock. I purchased the brake pads from BCS part number Kit 15675 PM because they had them in stock. My axles are Meritor. My chassis is a Roadmaster Magnum Model M-4700. Your coach model is the same as mine. Hope this helps.
Doug & Sarah Till
40' 2003 Marquis-Ruby, C12 505 HP

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 08:19:12 PM »
Doug, where are you reading the model number (the "M-4700")?

We know (believe) the 2003 Marquis and Patriot Thunder were still built on the SMC Magnum D-series chassis (the Blue Diamond chassis) and when Monaco took over SMC/Beaver in 2002 they continued to use the same Magnum chassis but put their "Roadmaster" label on it until after 2005.

Do you have a Roadmaster VIN tag like this one (if so, is it on the chassis or in the coach behind driver's seat)?

Doug Till

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 12:02:16 AM »
Mike,

I'm not very knowledgeable of the Beaver history. I have attached a pic of the Roadmaster Tag. It is attached to the frame next to the engine. The label behind the drivers seat shows our coach was built in Coburg, OR.
Doug & Sarah Till
40' 2003 Marquis-Ruby, C12 505 HP

Mike Shumack

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 12:42:43 PM »
Thanks Doug.
I still think your coach was built in Bend OR -and the only reason "Coburg" is on the VIN Tag is just because that's where Monaco is headquartered and they "made the Tag" (and own SMC/Beaver) so it has their name/address on it.
The following users thanked this post: Doug Till