Author Topic: Replacing Raycor primary filter with CAT filter - need help with fittings  (Read 1832 times)

Mike Shumack

I'm replacing the Raycor primary filter assembly with the CAT primary filter setup.
I have the CAT filter base (p/n 137-4367), the clear bowl (p/n 129-0375), and the filter element (p/n 133-5673). Now I just need to get the correct fittings.

The CAT filter base (mount) uses ORB style fittings. It has four threaded ports (an in/out opening on each side) so two ports need to be blocked. A hex plug wont fit. It needs to be a round plug with internal hex. That plug is Eaton-Aeroquip p/n FF2138-08S (or 4VRV8 at Grainger).  This is done.

Now I need the fittings for the fuel lines. My C13 has 5/8" tube to the inlet of the Raycor. I plan to reuse this fuel line. I will get a ORB to NTP fitting and then use a compression fitting to connect to the existing fuel tube (currently it has the VOSS snap-lock internal o-ring fitting. Which is one reason I'm doing this project).
___

In Dave's instructions (copied from another post) there is mention of an "adapter" for the fuel pump:
Cat fuel line from primary fuel filter to fuel transfer pump suction inlet.  Cat fuel line
part number 9X-2374, need: 44 inch long  @ .36 per inch $ 15.84, crimp hose ends
-8 JIC female swivel part number 92752 $ 8.69 each, $ 17.38 ( need 2 ), adapter 96515 steel fitting 37 C5315 Note: this adapter is used on C-12, C-13, C-15 fuel transfer pump
only. C-9, C-7, 3126 E, B, A do not use this adapter...
Dave Atherton Retired Cat mechanic
___

My Question:
I tried to locate this adapter (the 96515 steel fitting 37 C5315) but the part number is not coming up (in CAT SIS). Perhaps there is a typo in the number, or I'm just using the CAT parts site incorrectly.

What is this adapter for? What size is it adapting to/from?

Does the fuel pump inlet on the C13 use the "O-ring Boss (ORB)" style fitting? Is that what this adapter is for?