Author Topic: How flat is a "flat floor" slide out room?  (Read 4375 times)

Mike Shumack

How flat is a "flat floor" slide out room?
« on: December 23, 2019, 01:48:11 PM »
I did not consider my coach to have a "flat floor" slide out, but it was said that mine is a flat floor.

Mine has a ledge - and the dining chair (when a person of normal size is using it) sits with two legs on the high side (slide room floor) and two legs on the coach floor - so it sits uneven (there is about a two inch difference in floor heights). I have to move the chair out so it's facing the window when I eat (so all the legs are level).

Just a minor gripe. But I thought a "flat floor" would be truly flat. Is this the best it gets? Or do some models have a truly flat floor.

Rayan Poothamby

Re: How flat is a "flat floor" slide out room?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 03:05:51 PM »
Mine is the exact same way.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 03:15:54 PM »
Mine is considered a flush floor I assuming the same as yours.  I have plenty of room to sit facing forward or aft. My slide on the drivers side is 31 inches deep.  Plenty of room.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 04:45:51 PM »
Mine is considered a flush floor I assuming the same as yours.  I have plenty of room to sit facing forward or aft. My slide on the drivers side is 31 inches deep.  Plenty of room.

Well --- you're thinner than me.  ::)
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 08:31:06 PM »

Well --- you're thinner than me.  ::)
Well thank you!  I think.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 02:39:04 AM »
I sit at the kitchen table facing forward on the street side. Our slide is also 31 inches and the chair fits with a little room to spare. I'm 6'3", 220 lbs. I can still slide in to the seat pretty easy. Don't think I could if I gained a few pounds. The chair is on level surface.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Mike Shumack

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 11:42:08 AM »
I think the problem is the chair.  ::)

My wife bought them (the ones in the photo) as the chairs that where in the coach when we bought it were not original and not so nice looking (in her opinion). But the new chairs have more arch at the back which moves the seat closer to the table, and I think they are a little wider at the base.

I did discover (by accident) that the table top can slide sideways in it's wall mount (very cleaver Beaver). So I pushed it all the way to my wife's side (good thing she is thin).

Anyways, I posted about whether or not my slide was considered a flat-floor slide or not. And now I'm off griping about the chairs.
My original question has been answered.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »
mike
Ours goes out and site flat ish!  perhaps half an inch difference.  Our chairs have the foot on one side only. 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 12:32:07 PM »
It looks like the chair(s) you’re using have a wider stance than what’s usual in these coaches.  Our main (streetside living) slide goes out and drops at the end, so the slide carpet just covers the joint and overlaps the main tile and carpet area.  The overlap is the only elevation difference, as Keith notes.

Only when the slide is in could there be much of a chair problem, but it’s mute because a chair still sits fully on the slide carpet as needed.  The other slides sit on box frames (sofa base and galley cabinetry, bedroom wardrobe, etc.) and as I recall do not need to drop at the end.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat