Author Topic: Aladin joy stick  (Read 2397 times)

Steve Albert

Aladin joy stick
« on: February 28, 2020, 07:27:18 PM »
Can anybody tell me why they have a Aladin joy stick by the kitchen on the side by the sink on a 2006 Beaver Monterey? :-\

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Aladin joy stick
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 08:10:34 PM »
Steve it will allow you to check fluid and power of course you need the TV on. I really didn't use it often but did use it to replace the failed unit in my arm rest.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 03:27:21 AM »
As Jerry alludes to, the galley will display on your front TV, so you can check things if need be without leaving some task at the galley. 

Like Jerry, I rarely used it.  But if the TV was on and I was at the sink or nearby and questioned a certain power condition, outdoor temperature, coach heading (compass) out of curiosity, engine morning preheat status, or something else, the galley joystick proved quick and handy;  plus I could more easily point out status to my wife or others on the large screen as opposed to the small driver’s monitor.

On our TV, a newer installed Sony, we use the remote’s “input” button to select “Video” to view the Aladdin.  I don’t recall the setting on the factory original Sharp TV, but presume it was a similar matter of selecting the correct TV input.  It’s probably the same for any TV, as the Aladdin connects via a rear input plug, and you just need to determine which by scrolling the inputs list onscreen.  Just turn on the Aladdin at the joystick first so it will pop up immediately when you hit the right input.  Some models may require you to get to the Inputs list by way of the main TV menu.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 03:51:01 AM »
I use it every morning while making coffee to display the levels of each of my sewer tanks, plus what appliances and other items powered by 120 are consuming. After 8 years of it, I can cite the power consumption of all appliances, fans, space heaters, coffee pot, hair dryer, microwave, and electric water heating element, by heart. I look at them to make sure nothing changes.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Steve Albert

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 06:14:57 AM »
Thanks everyone for the info just got this 2006 Beaver sold my 1996 Patriot much different to learn  :)

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 11:28:26 AM »
I've been thinking about replacing my Aladdin joystick (at the kitchen counter/couch) with one of these Tank Level displays. This style is in the Wet Bay compartment now.

It makes more sense to me to be able to easily check my tank levels without needing to lower and turn on the TV each time. I am not as interested in seeing the other Aladdin systems being monitored (electrical) while camping - but tank levels I need to keep an eye on daily. I have overflowed my Grey tank on mire than one occasion.

I was thinking of buying a second one to install in place of the existing Joystick (or maybe adding it next to the Joystick). Once I finish a few projects, I think I will move the display to the Joystick location to be sure it will work there (using existing cabling) before I commit to ordering one.

Steve Albert

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 06:50:50 PM »
M IKE        I hear you. In my 1996 Beaver Patriot I had a monitor that I could just push a button for each tank and see how full each one was so much nicer but that was when Beaver made Beavers  the Monaco Beavers  have this Aladin system. My Aladin system quit working so now I cant ever check how full anything is it sucks. So now I am having the Silver Leaf system installed. that what was in my 1996 Patiot. but I would just like to have one unit that you could check the tank levels like  the one I had  in the Patriot