Author Topic: Inverter breaker tripping  (Read 4074 times)

Jason Worman

Re: Inverter breaker tripping
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2020, 10:53:28 PM »
Fred and Steve,

Thank you so much for the information. Again I find that being part of this forum is so helpful. Wish we could attend one of the rallies and meet everybody from this club.
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Bill Sprague

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 04:52:52 PM »
I used a lot of electric heat.  To do that, I used heaters with a "low" setting that will then draw about 8 amps.  Normal for us was a baseboard style, oil filled heater that fit behind the recliner location in out Monterey.   It consistently sat there and radiated quietly.

There are also a variety of 2 amp (200 watt) heaters, sometimes called "personal heaters" that might used under a desk at work. (Apparently there is a segment of the population that doesn't wear warm pants to work in the winter!) Three of the 2 amp heaters spread around the rig isn't likely to overload the circuits and will provide a noticeable amount of heat. 

The 2 amp heaters are also good for freeze protection in the bays if you need that.  They are far more rugged than bulbs or lamps.

Lasco 200 watt "My Heat":  https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00538G5PI/ref=dp_cerb_1?th=1

As similar one at 500 watts:  https://smile.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-500-Watt-Ceramic-Personal-Heater/dp/B074MX8VN5/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=AmazonBasics+500-Watt+Ceramic+Small+Space+Personal+Mini+Heater&qid=1580144247&s=home-garden&sr=1-4
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:58:53 PM by Bill Sprague »

Jason Worman

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 11:19:57 PM »
Bill,

Your comments always get a chuckle out of me,  the part about wearing pants in the winter. That is a great idea to use 3 smaller heaters spread throughout the coach versus the two larger ones we now use, one is Dyson hot  and cool unit the other is a Lasko model.

Jason