Author Topic: Netflixs access using Dish network  (Read 2023 times)

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
Netflixs access using Dish network
« on: February 17, 2020, 01:07:37 AM »
 Has anyone seccessfully used the Dish network with an unlimited Verizon cellular data plan to stream Netflix ? Was buffering an issue while viewing?
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

Jason Worman

Re: Netflixs access using Dish network
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 01:25:16 AM »
Bryan,

Greetings! I currently use what you mentioned, buffering seems to only be a problem during "high traffic" times in the evening. If I use Neflix stand alone app, I get far less buffering then going through Dish Network. Good luck.

Jason Worman
The following users thanked this post: Bryan Beamon

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 04:09:34 PM »
I don't have Dish or DirecTV.  I have an unlimited data plan on Verizon. 

I have streamed an Amazon Prime movie by turning on the phone WiFi "hot spot" and then pointing my "smart" LG TV to the phone.  In the TV itself was the Amazon (and Netflix) apps.  Any Roku or similar should work the same.

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »
I have ATT as a provider with an unlimited data plan. I set up a NIGHTHAWK® M1 Mobile Router that operates with up to 4X lte carrier aggregation so it integrates 4 channels of lte data for 4 times the data throughput,  where a phone based hotspot would typically use one. It is more than fast enough to run streaming services in HD. I no longer bother with campground WIFI unless cell service is not available. Of note I added 2 external cell antennas to increase Cell performance out in the hinter land. Often I can make a call WIFI call when the phone doesn't have enough signal.
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee