Author Topic: Weird Electrical Issue  (Read 2481 times)

Jason Worman

Weird Electrical Issue
« on: March 08, 2020, 05:26:21 PM »
Good morning all,
So woke up this morning and found inverter breaker tripped. Fridge had switched to propane at some point. Nothing running at night. Reset breaker, no load on the system, switched on the command panel. Shows we have 120 volt AC on each Leg coming in but, 0 amps going out on each leg. 12Volt amp slot on panel showing usual number of amps. I know it's an analog panel so not super reliable. Checked each battery and each one has 13.6 volts. DC system is running fine. Puzzled over the situation. Don't want to put much of a load on the breaker, for now won't run Microwave, dehumidifier, or big draw items. Any thoughts? Reset breaker and switched fridge back to AC, panel still showing 0 amps of usage on either leg.

Jason

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: Weird Electrical Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 06:08:29 PM »
Perhaps reset the breaker on the inverter?  Not at the panel but on the inverter itself?  It's sounding like the inverter is not letting the 120v pass through.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 08:12:28 PM »
    Hi Jason, Is there a sub-panel for all the inverter powered circuits? I have forgotten where it is located. Maybe a galley cabinet or down in a compartment? The pass thru relay when on shore power feeds that sub panel. Is your inverter the original Heart Interface? if so I have one for sale with the remote. The enclosed picture not very good, let me know, hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Jason Worman

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 10:19:32 PM »
Hello everyone,

I did what my grandfather taught us, which is to start at the very beginning. I turned off all the breakers both AC and DC. Disconnected the coach including the battery shut off. Left everything sit for a couple of hours, came back and turned on each item one at a time. Everything seemed to reset okay, now have power as usual. Will keep an eye on things. I could not find a subpanel for the inverter. Just have one large panel with all the breakers. Currently have a Xantrex Freedom 458 2000 Watt Inverter.  Thanks for everyone's input. Fred hope to meet you one day at a rally.

Jason
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks