Author Topic: Ext. TV lift in slide not working  (Read 3679 times)

Robert McVicker

Ext. TV lift in slide not working
« on: March 23, 2020, 08:09:43 PM »
 I just purchased a 07 Patriot Thunder, and didn't realize it had a drop down TV for the exterior TV. I noticed the 2 switches by the passenger front armrest console,but neither of them work. I pulled the switches out and I have power there.Any suggestions on how to proceed with troubleshooting would be appreciated. I would really like to know if there is a TV in there, for there is a DVD in the cargo bay

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Ext. TV lift in slide not working
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:51:40 PM »
   Robert, If it is the kind that drops down from the passenger slide room, you may want to look up inside the compartment for a limit switch that tells the television mechanism that the room is fully extended before extending. It is not unusual for people to toss a lawn chair or broom into the compartment and inadvertently dislodge a wiring connector. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 11:24:34 AM »
Robert
Ours has had this trouble.  Once it was broken.   Once was due to operator error.
The top switch must be held in the ON position which I believe is pushed up.  At the same time and while holding the top button up push the bottom button down and the TV drops down and same for up to retract TV.
Operator error was a cheaper fix. 
Good luck!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Robert McVicker

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 05:10:24 PM »
Yea Fred I found the limit switch for the cargo door but not the one for the slide fully ext.I thought that mite be the issue. My electrical diagram says the switch is in a removable cabinet in the galley. I haven't been able to find that one.Thanks for the input

Robert McVicker

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:15:21 PM »
Yea Keith I tried using the switches as yu described, still no luck. I wonder if I can override the pin switches.  I would luv to see what's in there!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 12:27:01 PM »
Robert
Is there any chance one switch or the other is just bad?  I like to eliminate the easy stuff first.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 02:01:16 PM »
   Robert, the pin switches for the compartment doors are for the alarm system and/or the compartment lights. Can you access the TV lift mechanism if the sofa is removed? Is the Lift controlled by 120 volt power or 12 volt battery power? Something in the system prevents the TV from activating downward if the slide-out is retracted. Not sure where the wiring diagram for that system is located. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 03:50:59 PM »
Coach Assist contains a complete set of 07 Patriot Thunder wiring diagrams.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Fred Brooks

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 10:48:04 PM »
Just FYI
BCS went through mine when we purchased it.  Seems these drop down TV s are problematic and you sure dont want it stuck in the down position as the entire slide is then stuck too.
In order to access ours the PS couch was removed and the cabinet behind was removed.  This gives full access to the TV and mechanism.
I dont recall if it is 110V or 12V but BCS could answer that or just check the wiring diagram.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 02:42:12 PM »
   Robert, Just looked at the wiring diagram for your exterior television and it is controlled by your multiplex system. You may want to check the 12volt fuses at the output modules in the multiplex cabinet (in bathroom?) I did a screen shot of the Monaco print for your reference. Hope this helps. Thanks Keith & Steve, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Robert McVicker

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 03:12:04 PM »
Hello Fred I have that diagram,  after studying it I think I found the pin switch in the cargo bay but the one in the galley which it appears it's in a removable cab. In the galley?I have looked and can't find any trap door or anything removable except for the lid inside pass.side Console which houses the 2 switches for which the wiring diagram. says there is only one switch. I also found there was a white wire with a terminal and a blue wire with a term. Was disconnected from who knows where. I also found in there a blue wire with white stripe looks like it's been cut. As far as contacting BCS I called them twice left messages and never heard back4 days ago. Oboy Will  keep digging thanks everybody for all your help

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 04:30:59 PM »
    Robert, I think the pin switch is near the rear of the galley slide where all the plumbing, propane. water lines all are routed to flex when moved in and out. It has to be located where room movement activates it. Good luck, not real sure about the wires you found. Real difficult sometimes when someone ahead of you got in there first without a clue. Hang in there! Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV

Robert McVicker

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 05:11:27 PM »
Yea I will pull the drawers out see what I can find.I am thinking I may pull the box down that houses the DVD player in the cargo bay. Take care thanks