Author Topic: Front Drape Motor  (Read 1806 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
Front Drape Motor
« on: March 24, 2020, 05:25:08 PM »
I have an 06 Beaver Marquis.. Drape motor came of  the track. My question is does it fit in the track using the groves in the rubber wheel? Having a problem getting it back in the track. Love the Forum.  Thanks for any info.

BK
2006 Marquis

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Front Drape Motor
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 05:43:05 PM »
I think our motor wheel rides on one side of the track, not in it. MH is at the storage yard, so I can't see it from here, but that is my recollection.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 08:03:48 PM »
Bobby, On my 06 Patriot Thunder the rubber wheel rides on the inside of the track with the guide on the outside. The track is like a I beam with the wheel riding on the inside. I looked at mine and about the only way I see to get it back in the track would be to completely unhook the motor and start it on the far end of the track which on out coach is the door side and run it back to meet the curtain.
Hope this helps

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 09:25:42 PM »
Thanks Lee and Bill:  I think something has broke.  I have no guide just the roller.  When it malfunctioned the motor was hanging down so I think the guide is missing. Any idea where a motor could be purchased?  I havent researched it but will have to.
Thanks for the help.

BK
2006 Marquis

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 11:48:33 PM »
Thanks again for the help.  Takes me a little while to catch on but i got it.  The little plastic keeper at the end of track broke and let motor fall off .  Got it back on and rigged  a fix for end of track.  Thanks again.

BK
2006 Marquis

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »
Most anything will stop the wheel, put a little screw and nut through the track should stop the wheel from going off the end. If you had a piece of plastic that fit into the track then drill and put a screw and nut to hold it in place.