Author Topic: Jake Brake Switch  (Read 2238 times)

Gwyn Blake

Jake Brake Switch
« on: March 26, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »
 Let me try to explain this message another way. I have a Jacobs brake also known as a Jake brake on my rig. On the left side where the driver would sit is a console with all these toggle switches. One of these toggle switches controls the Jake brake to turn on or off. When I push the toggle switch to activate the Jake brake the switch it self has a light in it to let you know that the brake has been activated. The switch no longer lights up. It also would light up on the dash to let you know that the Jake brake has been activated. Mine no longer lights on either the console or the dash. But the Jake brake still works as it had before this light issue. I could of course live without the light however when you enter a patch of wet roads and need to deactivate this Jake brake you have to guess without applying brake  if the Jake brake is on or off. In which you may be driving through Washington DC where you really can't take you eyes off the road to fumble with a switch. I hope this explains a little better and any help would be appreciate!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:02:20 PM by Gwyn Blake »

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Jake Brake Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 03:34:39 PM »
Gwyn,
Without your coach model, year and engine it is difficult to diagnose you problem.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Gwyn Blake

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »
Sorry about that I'm new and was not really sure if I was going to be able to post! I will get it together and put up my profile and rig! Thanks for the heads up!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:34:16 PM »
Gwyn, go to the “Profile” tab above, then “Forum Profile” and it should be on Modify Profile.  There, scroll down to the Signature field where you can add your coach year and model, and engine, under your name similar to mine below.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat