Author Topic: satelite tv service  (Read 2201 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
satelite tv service
« on: April 03, 2020, 12:49:33 AM »
I have an 06 beaver Marquis.  I am in the process of switching from Direct  to Dish.  My question is can I use the Dish receiver the same way I used the Direct.  When my coach was made I had them put in a line for an outside dish.  I am going to have a carry out
automatic dish with Dish network  Am I going to be able to connect coax to this connection as i did with direct and connect to the receiver inside which will be a dish receiver.  Now all i do is connect coax coming from outside to satellite in on receiver and connect the 6 RCA plugs on back of the receiver. All help appreciated---thanks to the Forum.

BK
2006 Marquis

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: satelite tv service
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 01:07:09 AM »
Yes, first you will need to have a satellite dish that has the DISH LNB/s on it.  It sounds like you have that.

Second, you will need the coax cable to go from the DISH satellite dish to the DISH receiver.  It sounds like you have that too.

The coax cable between the satellite dish and receiver needs to be the heavier exterior type cable, not the lighter interior type cable that goes from the receiver to the TVs... or an HDMI cable between the receiver and TVs.  I tried once using the lighter interior type cable from a satellite dish to the receiver and it would not pass the signals properly.

It sounds like you have it pretty well figured out.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 01:40:41 AM »
Thanks for the info Dave.  i Will be working on this project this week end.
2006 Marquis

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 03:02:57 AM »
Well.... I recently switched from Dish to Direct TV a few months ago. I used the Dish Playmaker satellite, had a Joey receiver and had their service for nearly 7 years and was very happy until... they had a dispute with Fox Sports Midwest and took their channel off their programming which caused me to missed several months of St Louis Cardinal and Blues games. Not sure if the dispute was ever settled but you should have good service otherwise. Good Luck.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired