Author Topic: Jeep Wrangler fuel spit back  (Read 2696 times)

Roy Boles

• BAC Member
Jeep Wrangler fuel spit back
« on: April 12, 2020, 05:55:19 PM »
        If you have a Jeep Wrangler JK that spits fuel out when when you fill the tank. I know I’m tired of my Jeep spitting fuel out at the gas station.
        Jeep has developed a cure. It is a new flapper valve that’s inside a section of filler tubing. The part number is CNNNX-321AC, I have found them on the internet from around $32 to $64 dollars. Search You Tube to find installation videos. Should not take any longer than fifteen minutes to install. Hope this helps. 
'98 Marquis Diamante
C-12/Allison 4000

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: Jeep Wrangler fuel spit back
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 08:30:02 PM »
Same symptom on my '07 Jeep Liberty, spits back when filling up. Started to happen maybe a year ago. Didn't ever do that before then. A quick search did not reveal the same in-tank o-ring issue that the Wranglers have. I don't know why the Liberty tank would not have the same internal check valve that the Wrangler has, so maybe someone with a Liberty has solved this problem.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Gwyn Blake

Re: Jeep Wrangler fuel spit back
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 01:28:31 PM »
I have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon and I had the same issue with the gas giving me a bath every time I filled up the tank with fuel. I notified Jeep with my issue and they said my Jeep was on a recall list to have the new part installed for free and it would take care of this problem. I was notified by the parts dept. when my part was in and took it in to have the new part installed. I was able to wait at dealership until the techs replaced part, which took maybe and hour or so to do. I went right to a gas station when I left the dealership to check out the fix. So I filled the tank and the gas still gushed out when it got to the top of fill neck. I was very disappointed that it still would come out like it had before. Here's the good news  after the first fill from becoming repaired it never has gushed out again. i would call a dealership and let them look up to see if your vehicle is on the recall list. Also it did not cost me a dime and nor should! Good luck!