Author Topic: Looking for campground suggestions near Chicago  (Read 3358 times)

Donald Adams

Looking for campground suggestions near Chicago
« on: April 29, 2020, 09:55:28 PM »
Hello all.  I’m new to posting on the BAC forum. Drive a Beaver Monterey Laguna.   Hoping to visit my niece in Chicago (time is flexible given COVID-19).  Would love any suggestions / recommendations on nice campgrounds in and around Chicago.

Thanks in advance.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Looking for campground suggestions near Chicago
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »
I am very familiar with the Chicago Megopolis. I live 90 miles Northwest of The Loop, 1 mile south of the IL/WI state line.

Chicago and its suburbs are 100 miles (north and south) by 60 miles (east and west). Campgrounds in that area are few and far between, but there are some. I'm assuming you want to be as close to your relative as you can so you won't have a long drive, or vice versa. What part of the Chicago Metro area is your niece, and from what direction will you be entering the area?
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Peter and Connie Bradish

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 07:28:29 PM »
We usually stay at Paul Wolff CG, 38W235 Big Timber Rd, Elgin, Illinois 60124, phone number 230-232-5980
Do not know if they are open now.
Connie Bradish

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 09:14:27 PM »
I have a few spot that are very nice but am not sure of your route or how far from the city you would like to be. about 30 miles east of the city is a great place called Indiana Dunes State Park.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2020, 11:55:37 PM »
We have stayed at the Paul Wolff Park Campground twice, once with a BAC Chicago Rally.  Great location, excellent pads and very quiet in the evenings.  Good luck.
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13