Author Topic: Girard awning control box  (Read 5014 times)

Robert McVicker

Girard awning control box
« on: May 05, 2020, 02:40:18 AM »
Hello just purchased a new somfi remote for my girard awning.Owners manual states the control box is located in the curbside upper cabinet and to remove the access panel.I found what I think is the access removed it and no control box.Where else would it be located? I need to find it to program the remote. Thanks for any help

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Girard awning control box
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 05:02:37 PM »
Hi Robert
My coach is older than yours and not likely the same but when looking for the controller it should be mounted close to the front of the awning area in the coach.
If you look up under the awning from below you will see the mounting blocks where the awning attaches to the wall there are three of these blocks between the awning and the wall , locate the front most one and then go inside the coach to the same relative area and open your cabinets you will be looking for the bolts usually three that are holding the mounting block to the wall the bolts will be holding an other plate on the inside ( backer plate) there should be a wiring cable come through that plate as well this is the control cable for the awning motor .
If you follow the cable it should lead you to the contoller.
In my coach when you look at the end of the cabinet above the pass seat there is a manual button set for the awning if you go inside that cabinet you will find a false wall section in the end of the cabinet and the controller is behind that false wall beside the switch.

Hope this helps
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 06:56:35 PM »
Robert,
I've got an 07 Contessa with Carefree awnings. My controller is located beside the pass seat at floor level behind a wall panel.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »
Mine is an '05 so maybe a little different - but the Girard controller is behind a false wall (side wall) in the upper cabinet.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »
In your 07 PT the control box should be in the upper cabinet front behind a panel, Mikes 05 is the same as my 06 PT.

Mike Shumack

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 12:22:24 PM »
I read about this on the irv2 forum too.
It looks like you are having a problem with the Intellitec (multiplex) system and are looking for the modules that operate all the awnings, and not the single Girard awning controller that I posted the photo about. I see you found the controllers.
Please post back here what you end up doing/fixing to resolve your problem so other forum members will know.

Kevin Patchen

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 10:30:57 PM »
On my 2008 Patriot my Girard Control boxes are just behind the panel that encloses the over head cabinet at roof level just above the passenger front seat.(see attached Picture)  If you get your remote programmed tell me how it goes I'd like to do the same thing.

Robert McVicker

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 12:57:48 PM »
Yea Kevin found the control boxes but was unable to program the new remote from Somfy the consensus was that the remote was defective,in the process of returning. Frustrated I might just say the heck with it. for right now