Author Topic: Massive fuel leak  (Read 5090 times)

Eric Maclean

• BAC Member
  • Karen and I would like to wish you all happy trail
Re: Massive fuel leak
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »
Fred
Can't see why not they both have there own pumps and fuel pressure regulators so there should not be any pressure problems
There would likely be more flow in the return line with both running but the 1/4 line should be able to handle that extra flow as neither unit has a high volume fuel pump.
It would sure be worth a try at least as a temp fix.

My only concern would be if with a full fuel tank would the abandoned return line possibly leak,  it all depends on how far into the tank the return tube runs.
If your coach is anything like mine it's near impossible to get the tank right full anyway.
Worth a thought anyway
Good luck
Eric
1997 Patriot Yorktown
3126-B
2009 Chevy HHR
Roadmaster falcon tow bar
Demco Air Force one tow brake.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 02:41:54 PM »
Fred, One way to find out if both would operate correctly is hook'em up and start'em up and see what happens. With 06 Patriot Thunder I feel blessed as my fuel tank is the whole second bay, I even store stuff on top of it everything is easy to get at.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 05:55:40 PM »
Fred,
Using the AquaHot fuel return line to tee in the generator fuel return should cause you no issues.

Gerald

Fred Cook

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 11:52:31 PM »
 Well, I have an update after taking it to the repair shop. They told me that a squirrel had nested up on top of my tank and chewed through the lines and some wires. I don’t understand how it could’ve been done when I use the motorhome at least a couple times a month sometimes for a week at a time. Anyway, I called my insurance company Progressive, and made a claim.  They told me that the claim may not be covered under my policy but will let me know in a couple days.  I am scratching my head now wondering why it would not be covered if I have Comprehensive coverage.
Fred & Cindy
2002 Beaver Patriot Thunder 455, C12 CAT
Towing 2019 Chevy Equinox, AWD Diesel
South Central Missouri, US Army Retired

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 12:05:33 AM »
They will do everything under the sun not to pay, a squirrel probably comes under the act of god, natural disaster heading, I would think it would be more on the line of a rat doing all the damage. Good luck!