Author Topic: SuperSteer Trim unit for Safe-T-Plus review  (Read 2111 times)

Carl Boger

• BAC Member
SuperSteer Trim unit for Safe-T-Plus review
« on: June 04, 2020, 11:54:42 PM »
I recently installed the SuperSteer trim unit Model Monaco SS200R/M on my 1998 SMC Beaver Patriot Savannah with a Magnum 8 air bag B Chassis.

To be fair I have never had a Safe-T-Plus before so I have no idea how they handle without the trim unit.  With the exception of getting out the 2 -  6 inch 3/4 inch bolts the installation was very straight forward. 

The trim unit will not make your MH handle like a sports car, but for me handling was improved.  It is easy to set the trim unit with a simple flip of the momentary switch.  If it pulls you can correct it.  If there is a side wind you can adjust for that.  Once you have it set correctly driving is easier than it was before I installed it. 

While this was designed to fit Monaco era Beavers it also fits my SMC Beaver.  Before I ordered it I spoke with John at Henderson's and sent him several photos.  The frames appear to be identical and I had plenty of room to mount the trim unit between the frame and fuel tank.  John also answered all questions that I had about installing the unit.  He was probably thinking how do I get rid of this idiot, but he answered my questions non the less.

You will have to verify if it will fit your coach or not, but I suspect a lot of us can benefit from this system.  Its not cheap.  Mine was right at $1200.00 with the safe-t-plus including shipping and taxes.
Carl

98 Beaver Patriot Savannah
330 hp Cat 3126