Author Topic: Roof Ladder hinge  (Read 1985 times)

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Roof Ladder hinge
« on: May 30, 2020, 03:44:43 AM »
Had the Beaver over at the shop today for an 'annual'. Mechanic broke one of the black plastic hinges on the roof ladder. He had to swing the ladder up out of the way to access the engine bay and when so doing, broke one of the hinges. Looks like 15 years of sun and fun had pretty well weakened the plastic, but, anyone have a source for these ladder parts? Hinge fits over the al tubing and two screws hold each end of the hinge tight to the tubing.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Roof Ladder hinge
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 07:22:08 PM »
Happened to me too. I had to order a new ladder from Monaco. Could not find any other solution.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Mike Shumack

Re: Roof Ladder hinge
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 11:19:43 PM »
I've been looking for the fold-up hinge too. The closest I found was this Stromberg Universal Connector (hinge) https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Carlson-0139-8525-Universal-Connector/dp/B073XG2883/ref=sr_1_28?dchild=1&keywords=rv+ladder+parts&qid=1590876666&sr=8-28

That may work if nothing else come up. The factory plastic hinge has a stop built in so it cant fold back toward the coach body when the lower ladder section is swung down. The Universal hinge one in the link above looks like it will fold in either direction (like a 270 degree sweep). So will the ladder stand-offs hold the ladder away from body when you step on it with the "Universal Connector" or does one need the factory hinge?