General Boards > Redecorating and Updating your Motorhome

TV and Kitchen updates '99 Patriot Thunder

(1/2) > >>

JimCasazze:
Ok, so when we decided to purchase our Patriot Thunder - Kathy informed me that what I thought were nice mirrored walls in the galley were on her list of things that had to go.  Well two weekends ago, she reminded me that I hadn't addressed that issue yet.....

I sugested to her that the 20" Sony TV above the drivers seat was actually a more important upgrade which we should really consider doing first.  

So, guess who won this one?

Ha - we both did.  In a very productuve 2 days we tore the old mirror off and replaced it with a very nice new glass and stone tile.  We also replaced the 20" TV with a nice 32" HDTV.  While I was at it, I installed a Yamaha 7.1 AV receiver, REL 3 subwoofer, a remote IR extender and new Bluray player.

All I can say is:  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

We will finish the tile grout tomorrow and have a few tweeks to the A/V system, but overall we are very happy with the outcome.

I've included a few photos of the upgrades which are 95% complete.

Larry Fisk:
Nicely done, looks great. Thanks for sharing your nice upgrade!

Edward Buker:
Nice upgrade. Probably took as long to choose the tile as the install took... enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Later Ed

JimCasazze:
Ed,
The tile selection went pretty quick, but after it was done - it took 3 days for selection of the new  kitchen faucet!!! (not shown)
Jim

Jim Shaw:
Really like your TV upgrade. I could see that you hinged the left side, but was unable to see how you secured the right side when it was closed. It looks like you used plywood to mount your bracket on, what thickness did you use?
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version