Author Topic: Water coming from AC vent  (Read 3662 times)

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
Water coming from AC vent
« on: June 14, 2020, 04:25:56 AM »
I started to set up at a park and turned down the rear AC to 60 degrees. The rear unite is 1500, not the usual 1300. I notice that water would start to drip out for a few seconds then stop from the vent in the bathroom ceiling. Turned up the temperature to 75 degrees no water coming out. It was raining as well during this same period. My question is, I do not believe the ac unite is not sealed because they are only a year old. I think it was the unit icing up and then melting which would let the water into the vent. Has anyone encountered this issue?
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum

Lee Welbanks

Re: Water coming from AC vent
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 04:31:20 AM »
George, Do you have high humidity where you are at? Try running the unit fan on high speed. It could be condensation water seeping into the air duct. Try the fan spd first and see it that helps.

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 06:22:41 AM »
George,
I was told by a company that replace one of my units because the compressor went out that the reason was it would freeze up if I ran the fan in auto or on low in high humidity.  He told me to always run it on high with high humidity.  I wanted to know what he considered high humidity and he told me over 50%.  I now run in high and have had no water leaks and no compressor problems for 8 years.  Knock on wood!
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 02:06:55 PM »
George,
Some of the 2001 and 2002 models had a problem with porous roofs. If you notice water after a rain again, you may have a pin hole in your fiberglass roof. I had water dripping from the A/C ducts after a rain with my 2002. So I recoated the roof, and no more leaks.

Gerald

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 02:59:28 PM »
Thanks all:
I have now set my settings to high and will check the next rain to see if any leaks. But I just may recoat the roof anyway just for nothing better to do HAHA
As always
Thank you
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 03:02:39 PM »
George, did you check the drain line for the AC be sure it's clear

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

George Frudakis

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »
No
Please tell me where the drain line located. I have water running off the roof when AC is running maybe the line is not clear or working. Just had the front AC do the same but the rear did not.
George Frudakis
2002 Marquis, Jasper
Ford F150 Platinum

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 12:55:55 AM »
Somewhere there will be a probably 1/2" hose that comes out the bottom of your coach that is the drain, on my 06 PT the rear A/C drain is in the right side of the engine bay rear, the middle A/C drains out just in front of the water/utility bay. They probably didn't make any of them come out in the same place coach to coach.
The following users thanked this post: George Frudakis

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 02:49:03 PM »
Weel I removed the cowlings from the AC unit then was able to locate the drain on the 06 PT it was at the back corner if the unit I then use air to clear the line you could clean it from under the rig or on top the rear hose was aft of the battery box in our rig
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13
The following users thanked this post: George Frudakis

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 02:55:21 AM »
George, my 03 PT does not have drains.  They just drain under the pan to the roof.  Both of my AC units drain inside like yours does but mine only do it in heat pump mode.  If I remember to keep the fan on high it does not do it as much.  Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH