Author Topic: Are the Multiplex boards (repair parts) still available for 2006+ models?  (Read 5689 times)

Mike Shumack

I've seen several posts on other forums about the difficulties in repairing and/or programming the Multiplexing units on the 2006-up Monaco (Beaver) Coaches.

I get the impression that the parts are no longer available (or maybe it's just that no shops can "program" the replacement boards). I'm not sure exactly what is the difficulty.

I don't have that setup in my Coach - but I'm curious about this so I thought I'd ask here.

1) Are the multiplexing boards/modules still available for the early (2006-2010) Coaches? 
Assuming they all used "Intellitec" systems, it looks like Intellitec still sells the parts (unless those parts being sold are just for newer systems and not backward compatible). https://www.intellitec.com/products/

2) If one needs to replace a device, what needs to be done to program it?

3) And does every board (control/switch panel and/or module) need programming when it is replaced?

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
   Mike, Intellitech has a dedicated repair shop, (I do not have their # in front of me) but you can call and they will refer you to them.
Each switch or button has a dedicated "address". A cluster or "pad" lets say that has 6 buttons contains 6 different addresses. On the back of the pad is the intellitech number (usually 2 numbers with a dash and then 4 numbers). this identifies the original pad configuration. There may be 2 or 3 switches thru out the coach with identical addresses.
  When a switch is depressed, It calls the master controller. The master then identifies who is calling and tells the slave controller to execute that command. The LED light will light to indicate which item is activated.
   The issue I have had to deal with is 2 fold. These "blank unprogrammed" clusters are not available in some cases. The other issue we deal with out west is NO humidity. This creates a lot of static electricity. Static can "wipe out" or compromise the "chip" programming of the address of the switch. In some cases you can send the cluster back to the repair facility. I'll do more research and find out their name. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Mike while we have our 06PT we did have a problem with the 6 button in the kitchen, I was able to flip it to correct the issue we had 2 spots that had not been used. I do recall that I was given a phone number to a repair shop in the Mid-West I thought that I did share this with the forum about 5-6 years ago. I never actually sent my pad to them as I said I was lucky that the spare location did work for me. 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Mike Shumack

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know a static-electric shock could cause a problem. But that still sounds like a more desirable risk than living with 95+% humidity (I’m in FL).

I’ve also read that it is desirable to go to one of the repair shops and get the programming downloaded to a USB stick (or whatever) so you won’t need to reprogram from scratch if a module ever fails.

Lee Welbanks

Mike,  I know these guys work with Intellitec Parts M & M RV Electronics  419-965-3014
419-965-2662   mmrvelectronics@yahoo.com

The following users thanked this post: Frank Bergamo

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
    Chris at M & M can give you the necessary info if you are having an issue. What I don't understand is why they didn't include a e-eprom reboot in the chip. that way you could re-load the program by turning off the battery. Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
Any other place to get a copy made of the Multiplex CPU out west. Currently in Tucson, live in Colorado. Thanks.
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Mike Shumack

Try Northwest RV Supply in Eugene OR. Their website lists a number of multiplex boards/controllers.  http://www.nwrvsupply.com/category/143.html

Frank Bergamo

• BAC Member
Mike,

I am looking for someone that can make a copy of the program on the Multiplex CPU. I currently do not have a problem with my Multiplex, just wanting a copy of the program on the CPU in case of problems down the road. M&M in Ohio does this, but I have no plans to be in Ohio anytime soon. Looking for anyone out west that can do this. Thanks.
Frank & Paulette Bergamo
2019-       : 2007 Marquis Topaz IV  C-15 600 HP Allison 4000
2014-2019: 2002 Marquis Emerald C-12 505 HP Allison 4000
2004-2014: 1986 Executive Diplomat 3208 250 HP Allison MT-643
Grand Junction, CO.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
I just added the following multiplex info to Coach Assist (complements of Eric Maclean);
  - PMC Module Datasheets
  - PMC Troubleshooting Guide
  - Design and Installation Manual
Additional information is available on Intellitec's website  https://intellitec.com/products/
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Keith Moffett, Bryan Beamon, Frank Bergamo