Author Topic: Removing JennAir refrigerator + 07 Beaver Patriot Thunder  (Read 5311 times)

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
Removing JennAir refrigerator + 07 Beaver Patriot Thunder
« on: June 24, 2020, 06:14:15 PM »
Have developed a water leak going to the ice maker.  Have shut off the supply from the manifold.  It appears the only solution is to remove the Refrigerator so that the rear can be accessed.  Can not find any bolts that might secure it to the floor.  Any suggestions on its removal.  There is no outside access panel.
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Removing JennAir refrigerator + 07 Beaver Patriot Thunder
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 12:54:03 AM »
   Hi Bob, There may still be some residual head pressure between the manifold and the ice harvester. If you think you need to go farther, remove the lower access cover at the bottom of the refer front. This should reveal how it is secured. You may  need to remove the surround moldings especially the top to see what they attached there. Let us know what you do so we can address this in the future. Hope this helps, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
The following users thanked this post: Bob Reeves

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 07:28:49 AM »
Bob
You sure about the outside access?  We have the JenAir and an outside pannel which is not vented and painted to match the body. 
Good luck
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Mike Shumack

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 01:31:45 PM »
My 2005 came with a residential refrigerator (from factory) and there is no outside access panel. The refrigerator is held in place by two " L" brackets at the top front and nothing at the bottom. It sits directly on the Coach floor (no heater or raised section under fridge). However my fridge is a Whirlpool.

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 05:18:34 PM »
Have discovered that I actually have an outside access panel.  Now just need to track down the source of the leak. Thanks again to all
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »
Bob,
It's probably a pin hole in the plastic supply line. Very common problem. If so I'd recommend replacing as much of the line as you can as they seem to deteriorate with age, etc. in an RV.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 10:55:53 PM »
Bob, In my 06 Patriot Thunder the Whirlpool frig was held in place by the bottom wheels against the tile and a metal plate across the top that laps over the front edge of the frig and the back of it is square bent up to contact the cross piece of the cabinet above it. To get the frig out of its hole was a real bit_h if I might say so. That metal piece is not there anymore, now it is held in place by metal brackets at the bottom rear.
Had a small water leak in the valve to the filter housing under the frig, had to replace the filter housing was the reason for having to remove the frig.

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 09:36:26 PM »
Thanks again for all of the input.  Did not have to remove Refrigerator.  The access panel let me in to check for the problem.  Problem was the water control solenoid.  Evidently I did not get all of the water out during winterization. Froze and cracked.  Expensive lesson......new solenoid $96.00
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 11:25:17 PM »
That is why I always use compressed air to push all the water out of everything in the coach, any item that has water to it or in it. Have done the same thing with a toilet valve in previous 5th wheel.

Bob Reeves

• BAC Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 11:59:20 PM »
I have always used compressed air to winterize.  Somehow this solenoid did not open to allow water to be blown out.  This is the first time I have had any problem with winterization.  Am always very careful with washing machine as the solenoids to admit both cold and hot water must be opened to allow the air to flow through.  Also careful with the toilet fill system.
45 ft  Cat C-13 525 HP
2019 Chevy Traverse
DW  Betty Jo.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2020, 05:34:30 PM »
Bob,

If your coach has an Aqua Hot, I would caution you on just using compressed air to blow out water lines. The Aqua Hot has a system of copper coils which contain water at the bottom of the coils, that no air pressure can reach. There is a definite possibility of a leak from frozen lines. A lot more than $96 to repair.

To winterize those coils, you have to pump the pink stuff in to them. I have a system that allows me to winterize the entire coach in about 15 minutes for the cost of 3 or 4 gallons of the pink stuff.

1. Go to any hardware store and buy a 36 or 48 inch water line for a washing machine. They look like braided tubing with a connection on each end.

2. Disconnect the inlet hose to your water pump. Connect the braided line to the inlet. One of the ends is an exact match for the threads.

3. Have a partner (we use walkie talkies) in the coach, while you dip the other end of your braided line in to a bottle of the pink stuff. Have a prearranged signal for GO and STOP. On GO have your partner open the hot water faucet in the kitchen sink (we always do that one first because its the farthest from the water pump, and will take the most pink stuff) The pump will suck the pink stuff out of the jug quickly, so be ready for STOP so you can change jugs. Your partner should turn from hot to cold as soon as pink stuff starts coming out of the faucet. Do this for each water source in the coach. First hot, then cold. Don't forget the toilet. When you are done, the pink stuff will be pumped through the Aqua Hot, thus winterizing it.

4. You could just dump the jugs of pink stuff in to a 5 gallon bucket to eliminate having to change jugs mid-operation. Whatever works for you.

5. Use the leftover pink stuff to winterize your washing machine. The instructions are in the owner's manual. Takes 3  minutes.

6. Reconnect your water pump. Easy cheezy.

7. We live in a cold weather climate, and I have used this method on our Beaver for 8 years. Never any problems.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad