General Boards > Redecorating and Updating your Motorhome

TV Removal

<< < (3/3)

Rocky Healey:
I do not remove my TV[mine drops down] but the cover is coming off at the top.  Fred mentioned something about screws holding the wood panel on .  I have 8 screws two at each corner in the metal frame and screwed into the wood panel, are these screws JUST holding the wood panel and cover on to the metal frame that the tv is bolted to.  I do not want to start to unscrew these screws and have the tv come crashing down, the BOSS will not be happy.  Thank you in advance for listening to a NON mechanical type.  I am willing to try almost anything but I will ask alot of questions before I attempt a fix.  Appreciate any assistance with this problem.  Thank You

Rocky Healey
2008PT 45 ft
C-13

Mike Shumack:
Rocky, if you have this style (see photo) swing down TV, the padded cover is just decorative.

Remove that cover (it is 1/4 plywood with padded material) and you can get to the back of TV.
There is a welded steel frame piece, that spans the opening behind that cover, that the TV is bolted to. The cover does not support or hold anything.

I found the cover mounting screws (sheet metal screws) would not hold the cover tight over time and the holes where difficult to locate and align while trying to reinstall that panel so I drilled out the holes and used a 10-24 "nut insert" in each corner. Then I could just thread in a machine screw (and still use the decorative cap over the screw head). Holds much better and easier to install the cover.

Rocky Healey:
Thank you Mike greatly appreciate the info.  That will be the project for today.  I want to Thank the BAC for this forum and the information that its provides to non mechanical people like me.  Thank You,

Rocky Healey

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version