Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
When camping in the summer time my RV struggles to keep cool.  About 6 months ago we had the RV shop put 2 brand new Dometic Blizzard 15 K units on it and still cannot get it to get below 80 on a hot summer day here in the south east.  I have been trying to fix this issue since we bought the RV 2 years ago.  I have had the front window tinted with a tint made to block UV rays and heat.  Had the RV shop install upgraded output ventilation from RV airflow systems that didn't work so they ordered another brand not sure of the name of manufacture and that's not helping either , the duct work was checked and repaired as they said they found a break in it.  The repair shop installed a foam block to separate the front ac from the rear ac still didn't help. Also the vent above the vanity sink/shower area in the hall way has never had any air come out of it which I thought was odd.  Also the bathroom doesn't cool very well as I recall there being a deflector in the shower hall area 2nd vent closer to the front of the RV used to be there an believe the shop removed it trying to resolve my cooling issue.  Not sure if my RV is just poorly insulated or there is something wrong that my RV shop just can't seem to figure out. Me and my wife love our coach it's our first and don't have anything else to compare it to.  We have asked 4 other people/friends that own other brands of coaches and they said theirs keeps cool no problem even in 100 degree direct sun.  We owned a 27' toy hauler before this and it had 1 AC unit and was ice cold no mater how hot it was outside as long and people were not constantly going in and out of it.

I tried searching the forum before posting this but cannot find anyone else with a similar issue but also not sure if im searching correctly.

Any advice would be greatly appeciated thanks.
Technical Support / Penguin II "Load Shed" wiring question
« Last post by Richard Davis on July 06, 2024, 09:30:20 PM »
I am in the process of replacing one of the original Dometic Penguin Heat Pumps on my 2006 Monterey.  As I disconnected the wiring from the old unit, I found that the "Load Shed" (yellow wires) from the Penguin control board are connected to a 120 volt AC powered relay in the junction box.  It seems to only function to make or break continuity on the two yellow "Load Shed" wires.  I was confused by this.  My coach does not have any type of Load Shed system.  What is the purpose of this relay and does the purpose carry over to the new Penguin II that I will be installing.  I am hesitant to just hook up the two yellow wires to that relay without knowing their purpose.  Can someone out there that knows these systems better than I shed some light on things.  Thanks.

Richard   
Technical Support / Re: 2006 dometic fridge
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 06, 2024, 04:05:40 PM »
Richaro
I was rereading your initial post and you stated a code 13 which I believe to be an open circuit on the drain heater.
Where as you stated that the heating element was shorted just questioning if the heating element is open or shorted it should be in the neibour hood of 12 ohms.

It's my understanding that the mylar heating element also has a thermal fuse built into the strip to eliminate the chance of the element starting a fire unfortunately by all accounts the thermal fuse is not serviceable reqiring the heating element to be replaced as a unit.
General Discussion / Re: Towing a 2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid
« Last post by Joel Ashley on July 06, 2024, 03:41:44 AM »
Keep in mind the towable Maverick is front wheel drive only.  Just sayin’ from a guy that travels Western mountain roads, crosses cricks, etc., as needed to access remote fly fishing opportunities.   Wishing the towable Mav was 4X4.  A really well-rated new model, however..

Roadmaster is great, as are their braking products, but with apologies I can’t speak to transferring Demco products between rigs.

I’d contact Demco for more info on a Maverick hybrid installation.
Joel
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 06, 2024, 02:45:39 AM »
Richardo
Here is a forum thread on irvv2 which might be of interest as they deal with the code and offer up a heating element for a replacement

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/dometic-nda1402-fridge-err13-589880.html

Knowing that dometic at one time offered a defrost upgrade kit would tell me that even with the drain heater working the freezer cabinet would still ice up
I'd be tempted to retrofit a fan similar to the setup in the kit to help

Eric
General Discussion / Re: Towing a 2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid
« Last post by Richard Davis on July 06, 2024, 02:01:07 AM »
Bob
I also have been looking longingly at the Ford Maverick Hybrid as a toad, so would you keep all of us informed as you make your way through the setup process.
Richard
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 06, 2024, 01:52:22 AM »
« Last post by Ricardo Vela on July 06, 2024, 12:48:58 AM »
The  Dometic fridge Model # NDA 1402 Ser.#547-00022
I found a bad defrost heater element. The number is 3851411011 which is no longer available.
need help finding replacement or a different solution.
thank you
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 05, 2024, 09:31:17 PM »
Richardo
If you can give us the model of your fridge we might be able to help.

As for the icing as previously mentioned the ice is a result of moisture infultration into the cabinet this can be from poor door seals or doors that don't close properly or doors that are opened too often.
The ice will usually build up on the aluminum cooling fins as they are the coldest part of the fridge cabinet.
The fridge should maintain temperature between 35* and 40*
In a normally operating fridge this ice will start building up over the period of 6 to 8 weeks depending on relative humidity.
Our fridge would last about that long before requiring defrosting to remove the ice after installing the fan setup in link below I can go 5 or  6 months without defrosting as a side benefit the fridge cools faster and more evenly the fan just makes the fridge work better all over.

To help alleviate this ice build up and even out the cooling in the cabinet you can install a fin fan system this will run all the time moving the air around the interior of the cabinet which evens out the temperature throughout the cabinet and reduce the ice build up on the colder surface they make a big difference.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072BPYXS8?tag=rvingknowhow08-20

Hope this helps
Eric
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]