Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / 12 volt Hydro Hot fuse location
« Last post by Darrell Terry on Today at 08:09:52 PM »
The 12 volt fuse blew on our 2004 Beaver Monterey to the Hydro Hot.

Unable to locate fuse -

Does anyone have a 2004 Beaver Monterey Laguna that can advise me of location of the Hydro Hot fuse.

It is not in Breaker box or 12 volt fuse box above washer/dryer location near bath.

It is not attached to house batteries

Someone mentioned bedroom, but I don't have a fuse box there.

Please advise - Cold showers not fun !

Darrell Terry
Technical Support / Re: Refrigerator Woes
« Last post by Eric Maclean on Today at 12:12:06 PM »
Bob
I'm sure you'll be satisfied with JC they're good people.
Technical Support / Re: Refrigerator Woes
« Last post by Bob Dunlap on Today at 07:01:59 AM »
Thanks Eric,
We have added additional cooling fans and have tried to "trick" the system to run cooling cycle without stopping by disconnecting the thermister.  We've had no luck with either attempt.  We've made the appointment with JC Refrigeration to install their cooling unit in our fridge.  We'll see how that turns out.
Thanks again for your wisdom.
Technical Support / Re: It was a shocking experience
« Last post by Don Forsyth on June 23, 2024, 01:54:48 PM »
Thank you Steve, I have used that same cord several times before, but never experienced anything like that. I know the ground prong is broke off on it. I will bring the RV home and try a different cord that I know has a good ground. Hopefully that is what it is. Then put a new plug on the other cord. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.
Technical Support / Re: It was a shocking experience
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on June 22, 2024, 07:00:32 PM »
Don,
Sounds like you are missing a ground. First I'd check to be sure you have ground coming out of the 30A shore connector. Then check the end of the dog bone connector. If you've got a surge protector, it should alert on a missing ground. If everything checks out so far, the fault is in the RV itself. Check your A/C outlets to be sure they have ground. If not, unplug from shore power and check with the geni running. If OK then, the  problem may be at the transfer switch or between it and the plug at the end of your shore power cable. Harbor Freight and other hardware stores sell outlet checkers that come in handy for this type of work.
Steve
Technical Support / Tachometer malfunction
« Last post by John Demartini on June 22, 2024, 05:28:46 PM »
Good afternoon everyone. My tachometer is not working properly. At rest, no power the needle is at six o’clock. When I power up the chassis the needle go to it’s proper rest at zero rpm. When the motor is running the needle then swings all the way over and rests at six o’clock. The silverleaf does show rpm and appears to be working correctly. I had the tach bench tested and it operates perfectly on the bench. Is there some other signal that might be going to the tachometer causing this?  Or perhaps a ground issue.  Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2000 Patriot
Magnum chassis
3126b
Technical Support / It was a shocking experience
« Last post by Don Forsyth on June 22, 2024, 02:30:18 PM »
I have a 2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna VI 40’ coach with CAT C9 400.
About three weeks ago I went to the storage lot to check on things and runt the engine and generator. Chassis batteries were dead and house batteries had just enough juice to start the generator. I let the generator run for about an hour to see if it would bring up the chassis enough to start the CAT but no go. I wound up jumping it off the car. I let it run for a while and then shut it off.
I brought the coach home about a week ago and plugged it into the 30amp wall outlet in the garage and ran the extension cord out to the dog bone connector. I checked the Xantrex display and it showed charging and I could hear the inverter running. I kept it connect a couple of days.
During this time I needed to change the fittings on top of the Hydro Hot because I had a bit of a leak there. Sitting on the ground (side walk) and leaning against the frame and working on the fittings, I felt like I leaned against something sharp and it poked at me. I looked but didn’t see anything and kept working. I bumped up against the frame a couple of more times and still the same thing. I finished and decided to put some water in the fresh water tank. I connected the hose in the wet bay and let it run for a few minutes. While that was going on I went the check the air pressure in the tires on the curb rear. Reached in with the tire gauge and ZAP, I got shocked through the tire gauge. I am kneeling on the grass and it is a little wet, so I figured I must have grounded myself. I think it was maybe 12 volts because I know what 110 volts feels like. I finished checking the air there but I had to hold onto the rubber on the gauge. I went the check the others and I got a little shock from them but not like the back one.
So, now I am stumped, why am I getting shocked at all? We completed a month and a half long trip in February and everything in the coach was working perfectly. It has been in storage ever since.
So does anyone have any ideas? I don't know where to even start looking.
Thank you, Don Forsyth
Motorhomes and Tow Cars / 2002 Beaver Patriot Ticonderoga
« Last post by Gilbert Styles on June 21, 2024, 07:01:36 PM »
2002 Beaver Patriot Ticonderoga Class A Motor Home $44,900
Beaver Coaches are admired and revered by those that own them, and those that wish they did. Made with first class design and materials not found in new ones today. You will appreciate the convenience and comfort of traveling in style. With the Caterpillar Diesel and the Allison transmission there is plenty of power and reliability, along with engine braking and disc air brakes. Many unique features like real time engine and systems monitoring, hydraulic jacks with auto leveling, dual slides with fully sealed roofs, thermopane windows, full shower with tub, washer/dryer, large closets and LOTS of storage. With air ride, leather power seats, and full controls, it is a pleasure to drive, and so quiet. You will LOVE IT!
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/rvs/d/surprise-beaver-patriot/7756774074.html
General Discussion / Re: 2004 Cummins ISL 400
« Last post by Don Colapietro on June 20, 2024, 05:57:43 PM »
Yes we do. My friend purchased a fairly extensive scan tool with numerous plugins for different engines.  the only thing that came up was speed sensor. i have not had any time to help him for several days. I understand that the ECM has a constant 12v and a ignition sw. 12v supply. that's where we are now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10