Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
IMHO avoid shops w/o a CAT ET system if you have an engine issue.
Our C9 developed a miss last summer following annual service at a local diesel shop with very good reviews and recommendations. It would not start missing until the engine was at operating temp and under load. I took it back to the shop after returning from trips to the midwest and TX (~4k miles) during which the miss did not get any worse and was only noticeable when pulling hills. The shop swore they had an analyzer that would spot issues with CAT engines. They had the coach for 2 weeks and replaced the fuel filters, ICP and fuel pressure regulator as well as checking for air in the fuel (none). No change to miss. They then tried to tell me I had a high pressure oil issue. At that point I told them to stop and I would pick it up. Checked with Blanchard CAT (about 40 miles further away) and they told me they could work on it. However winter set in so I left it in the barn to avoid winterizing. Checked with them about 3 weeks ago and found they had stopped servicing OTR truck engines. Made a quite a number of calls till a Blanchard CAT service writer in Columbia SC told me of Worldwide Equipment in Spartanburg that had hired one of their best mechanics.
Checked with them to verify they had a CAT ET system. Dropped the coach off on Tuesday AM. That afternoon I received an email describing findings and an estimate. Injector 2 started failing at 163F. Gave them the go-ahead and they had it ready Friday.
They are good but not cheap (but cheaper than paying some shop to guess on my dime.
Steve
Misc RV Equipment for Sale or Wanted / Shocks and Air Bags
« Last post by Steven Link on March 31, 2024, 08:47:44 PM »

Set of 3 NIB Bilstein Electronic adjustable shocks and 2 new air bags for RR10-S (S series 10 air bags) for sale. $250 each for the air bags and $200 each for the shocks plus shipping. Bought for spares for 2009 Beaver Marquis that I no longer own.
Technical Support / Re: How to manually retract front roadside slide
« Last post by Michael Bacon on March 31, 2024, 07:21:18 PM »
Thanks for your quick responses, I will check out your suggestions tomorrow.
Mike
« Last post by Don and Kathy DuCharme on March 31, 2024, 01:02:35 AM »
If it is in the same place as the 07 Pacifica, look above the AquaHot toward the fromt of the coach.
« Last post by Frank Bergamo on March 31, 2024, 12:58:08 AM »
Check in front of the steps. I believe there is a relay switch on the pump motor itself. If it fail's, none of your hydraulic slides or the generator slide will work. You can jumper the two big terminals to bypass the switch to see if the pump motor will run. If that’s the problem, you can source a new relay switch at any trailer dealer as they use them on dump trailers. Hope this helps, good luck.
« Last post by Michael Bacon on March 31, 2024, 12:45:06 AM »
Thanks for your responses.

Steve, I’ve reviewed the manual, it suggests the pump is in the “curb side bay”, I’ve looked in the bays and can’t find it.? Thoughts.
Thanks Mike
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on March 30, 2024, 02:05:36 AM »
Mike,
The process is described on page 116 of your Owners Manual. Coach Assist has a copy if you don't have the one for your coach.
Steve
« Last post by Richard Davis on March 30, 2024, 12:53:48 AM »
Michael
The answer depends on what type of slide mechanisms you have.  My '06 Monterey has hydraulic mechanisms on all 4 slides. If yours are hydraulic, you have to open the "T" handle on the hydraulic manifold to release the pressure in the hydraulic line to that slide and then "push" the slide in manually.  The only time I have had to do it, I did not have any husky men to push, so I used a come-along across the windows on the inside and "pulled" it in.  If yours are electric motor mechanisms on gears, most of those have HEX heads on the ends of the drive shafts to be wrenched in.
Good luck.
Richard
Technical Support / How to manually retract front roadside slide
« Last post by Michael Bacon on March 30, 2024, 12:18:19 AM »
Main slides aren’t functioning. There appears to be no power for either slide. So trying to figure out how to manually retract roadside slide.
Thanks
Mike
Technical Support / Re: 2006 Monterey Laguna 4 Tank Sensors
« Last post by Richard Davis on March 28, 2024, 08:22:57 PM »
Since you have an '06, I assume you have an Alladin system.  I have found over time that the black tank sensor lasts 2 to 3 years, the gray tank sensor about 3 to 5 years and the fresh water sensor lasts 5 to 10 years.  I have tried cleaning them with little success.  They are a gel filled pressure sensor and once they fail the only solution seems to be replacing them.  And, they have become expensive.  NWRVsupply now wants over $80 for a replacement.  I have heard good things about SeeLevel, but I have not been forced to go that way yet.  Good luck.
Richard
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]