Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / Hurricane heat exchanger fitting
« Last post by Carl Boger on Today at 12:15:34 AM »
Can anyone tell me what size the fitting is that goes to the heat exchanger above the seaward hot water heater.  It seems to be a 3/4 inch union that takes a 90 degree turn and downsizes to 1/2 inch copper.  My only problem is the thread size.  It doesn't appear to be NPT. 

I just repaired this and it is not currently leaking, but I would like to have some spare parts available or better change to fitting to pex fittings to make it easier to repair in the future.

Does anyone know the size and thread pitch of the top union?  It seems to be a little finer thread than NPT.

Thanks Carl 
Technical Support / Re: 2007 Patriot Thunder Air Bags
« Last post by Richard Davis on May 06, 2024, 11:00:59 PM »
Bill
Have you verified that it is actually the air springs that are leaking?  Most air leaks are traced back to air line leaks, ride height valve leaks or (if you have air leveling) the air leveling manifolds.  The air springs do wear out and leak, but they are not the most common items.  Have you sprayed everything with soap solution to determine what's leaking?
Richard
Technical Support / Re: 2007 Patriot Thunder Air Bags
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on May 06, 2024, 04:35:49 PM »
Bill,
See attached for air bag reference info. Suggest you get # off existing bag to confirm prior to ordering if possible.
Steve
Technical Support / 2007 Patriot Thunder Air Bags
« Last post by Bill Heffernan on May 06, 2024, 03:39:57 PM »
I've read the many threads on air bags unfortunately none that specifically talk about the 2007 Patriot Thunder. We have a fairly significant leak that has a listing to the driver's side after 3 days in camp. Does anyone know if the air bags that are installed on the 2007 are different from the 2006 and prior? Any recommendation on places to acquire new bags? I am searching for a an installer near Salt Lake City, but have not ruled on doing the job myself. Any and all advice welcome. Thanks
Technical Support / Re: Magnum Chassis Parts
« Last post by Dale Barham on May 04, 2024, 07:38:09 PM »
Peter, Kaiser Brake and alignment made and replaced the 5 front torque bars on our 2001 patriot thunder ,made a world of difference. They are in Eugene,Oregon. I highly recommend them.
Technical Support / Re: TV Lift
« Last post by Bill Heffernan on May 03, 2024, 04:23:39 PM »
Eric, thanks. The mechanic got it working, but it looks terrible. I'm sure that you are right about it having been worked on before. Those rivets are definitely not original. At this stage I'm thinking that I'll take the trim pieces to an upholstery shop to have re-worked. Thanks again.
Technical Support / Re: air up suspension from air compressor
« Last post by Dan Johnson on May 03, 2024, 01:37:46 PM »
Thanks all for the help!
Yes I needed a new braided hose.

While airing the tanks, I turned on the key and all aired up.
Dan
Technical Support / Re: Load shedding
« Last post by Eric Maclean on May 02, 2024, 12:26:06 PM »
Bill
To my knowledge Beaver never used a load shedding device on there shore power management I may be wrong on this but of all the wiring diagrams I've looked through I've yet to find one .
Winnebago and a couple other manufacturers have used load shedding in the past ,most of these systems where made by intellitech and would have a display panel like the one showed in the link below.
The user could preset an amp limit and the system would keep the load balanced below that set limit by turning power off  preselected  loads like a/c units or clothes dryer to keep the amp draw at the shore cord below the preset threshold.
Intellitech also marketed a unit that would control two A/C units shedding power back and forth to allow both A/C units run run on a 30 amp shore pedestal.

https://www.google.com/search?q=intelatec+load+shedding&oq=intelatec+load+shedding+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIJCAEQIRgKGKABMgkIAhAhGAoYoAEyCQgDECEYChigATIJCAQQIRgKGKAB0gEJMTY3MjZqMGo4qAIUsAIB&client=tablet-android-walmart-terr1-rso1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#vhid=ZdWt2YhlvdX8vM&vssid=l&ip=1

Hope this helps
Eric
Technical Support / Re: Load shedding
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on May 01, 2024, 11:50:51 PM »
Is that when the coach's engine gets too hot pulling a hill so you start pitching boxes out the windows?

I believe our coaches' generators have a mechanism for "load building" though.  Start the generator, then go start all the AC/HPs at once.  Our AC/HPs seem to be on a delay-timing device such that they will start themselves in a gapped sequence.

As far as load shedding, vis-a-vis, the generator, I turn off the AC/HPs manually as fast as I can walk between the thermostats. As far as load shedding goes, our generator is a 12.5KW Onan QD and can run everything electrical on/in the coach concurrently.  It doesn't need to shed any loading.
Technical Support / Load shedding
« Last post by Bill Lampkin on May 01, 2024, 09:01:51 PM »
Load shedding anyone know if our coach has load shedding? Is there a module somewhere? Typing on my phone so gotta keep this short
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10