Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Actually the other thread is under Rally / 2024 Rallies not in the General Discussion.
Anyone that checks out this post and really wants information about other FMCA / BAC rally opportunties, see the thread for "2024 Rallies"  Cathi Stark
Rallies / Re: 2024 Rallies
« Last post by Cathileen Stark on April 17, 2024, 05:51:23 AM »
Modification from the previous list of rallies 
Indio was cancelled for 2024, but we are on track for January 2025 for
There is a Rally within a Rally at Redmond in conjunction with the FMCA Convention.  Register now with FMCA for 30 amp and the BAC rally will be announced within a couple of weeks.  Two of us will be traveling from Sacramento up to Chiloquin OR for three nights prior to the FMCA event.  This will be a gathering but there are 6 sites reserved at the Waterwheel RV park.  Contact me if you are interested.
In August 2025 there will be a "Quartzsite North" in Chetwynd British Columbia.  This is still under developement but we wanted any Alaska travelers to be aware of the potential for a rally about mid August.Chetwynd is famous for chain saw carvings and close proximity to Mile One on the Alaska Highway. This will also allow Canadians to have a rally "at home".

After the FMCA convention there will be time to travel east to one or more ofthe three rallies in Nebraska.  There will be a rally in Myrtle Beach and then make your way to the BAC International rally in Sieverville, followed by a rally in the Smoky Mountains.

Many opportunties to gather with other BAC members.  You can plan an activity in your area if none of these are convenient.  Contact me, Cathi Stark nana.grandpa.rving@gmail.com or the VP for the area in which you would like to plan a rally.  We are all happy to help.
Technical Support / Re: Entry door hinge problem - 06 Marquis
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on April 16, 2024, 04:13:41 PM »
Don, I take a counter sink used in setting nails below the surface and tap the hinge pin back in Place. I have done this when it appears to slip but never saw it 3 inches out of alignment. It has needed the realignment  about once a year. We live full time so the door gets lots of action
Technical Support / Entry door hinge problem - 06 Marquis
« Last post by Don White on April 15, 2024, 10:01:30 PM »
I noticed that the hinge pin in the hinge on the entry door has slipped down 3". 

Two questions:

1. What is supposed to keep the hinge pin in place in the hinge?

2. Any suggestions on how to slide the pin back up into the hinge and keep it in place?

Thanks
Technical Support / Re: Magnum Chassis Parts
« Last post by Keith Moffett on April 14, 2024, 12:05:22 PM »
Peter
Just an FYI, we had the 2001 Marquis and it had a severe wandering issue.  We had it in 3 shops and everyone missed it.  Turned out the wandering was mainly the loose pitman arm locking ring on the steering box.
Good luck
Technical Support / Re: Coach Internet and TV service
« Last post by Don White on April 14, 2024, 12:24:15 AM »
Hi Robert, as noted a lot has to do with how much time you will be on the road, where you are staying, and your tolerance for not having decent internet and tv.  I typically spend 7 to 8 months on the road before returning to FL in the winter.  Solid internet is a must for me.  A lot of the time on the road is in National Parks in the west and the far reaches of southern and western TX.  For the last year+ I have used Starlink for both internet and TV.  A mobile account costs $150 a month.  I use Prime and Sling TV to stream TV programs I want to watch.  My phone is Wifi calling capable so I don't need to worry about cell reception when I have internet. 

I have been happy with Starlink.  The biggest factor with Starlink is making sure you have a good view of the northern sky.  I typically get download speeds of 40+ mbps, often as high as 80 mbps...no buffering when you want to watch something in 4k.

Prior to Starlink I had a cell extender for phone and Direct TV via a Wingard Traveler roof mounted dish.  Direct TV worked well for me, the cell extender not so much.

Hope this helps. 
Technical Support / Re: Aisle Lights
« Last post by Don White on April 13, 2024, 11:40:47 PM »
The lights in my coach started failing several years back.  I replaced them with some lights I found at etrailer.  The lights fit in the existing hole with no modifications.  They are also motion sensitive so they aren't on all the time.  This works well for me at night.  I don't have any model info on the lights to share, I don't remember them being very expensive.
« Last post by Joel Ashley on April 13, 2024, 02:30:09 AM »
Just as a suggestion beyond the qualified already posed, if you can get up to our sponsor, Henderson’s Line-up, in Grants Pass, Oregon, they are arguably the nation’s best at improving everything motorhome chassis.  You would not come away anything other than satisfied and glad you made the trip.

https://www.hendersonslineup.com/

Joel
« Last post by Bill Lampkin on April 12, 2024, 03:18:24 PM »
Do a search for Monaco watts, excellent info on handling issues
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10