Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: onan 7500 genset fuel filter setup
« Last post by Randy Keaveny on Today at 04:10:43 AM »
never mind...I just watched a video on how it's set up...so thru the pump first. which I believe is a E 11012. then to the filter...but after watching the video I am starting to wonder if isn't the fuel pump?  I will check that first to see if the return is steady....but changing the pump doesn't look to bad??

Randy
Technical Support / onan 7500 genset fuel filter setup
« Last post by Randy Keaveny on Today at 03:41:53 AM »
looking for diagrams or pics on how the fuel filter is set up on the Beaver Motorhome....98 Beaver Patriot....I am going to try an alternative fueling method and want to set it up before I get there...i.e.  I have the fuel filter.  and separate lines to run from an external tank...how do the fuel lines run to get the fuel to and from.   supply and return from the genset...the pump is internal I believe.   

thanks
Randy
Technical Support / Re: Tire replacement
« Last post by Keith Moffett on Today at 03:32:00 AM »
Toyo from bend commercial tire in Redmond.  Price includes dealing with our Tyron flat protection as well as balance etc.
All 8 tires about $5500.
Technical Support / Re: 2006 Monterey Check Engine Light
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on Today at 12:30:37 AM »
Richard,
I replaced the boost pressure sensor in my C9 in 6/19. Part #s as follows.
  Sensor: 266-8650 but I think the updated # is 276-6793  Cost $166..05
  O ring: 214-7566   Cost $3.74
When ordering have your engine serial# handy to ensure the right sensor.
You may want to contact Dave Atherton (his phone# is in then member Directory) regarding your symptoms before throwing $ at the problem.
Steve

Technical Support / Disk brake pads 07 thunder
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 23, 2024, 10:56:54 PM »
Looking to identify the type of brakes on the front axle.  They are disk brakes and the casting on the caliper says Spicer.  Best I can read the numbers read 6087C.

I believe the axle is Dana but I find options for Bendix and Spicer.

Thanks
Technical Support / 2006 Monterey Check Engine Light
« Last post by Richard Davis on July 23, 2024, 10:16:00 PM »
The Check Engine Light on my 2006 Monterey has come on.  The diagnostic flash code is a "25".  The Cat manual calls it a "Intake Air Pressure Sensor Failure".  My Silverleaf calls it "Boost Pressure Sensor - High Voltage".  The end result is the ECM shuts off the boost pressure calculation for the injectors.  So, I am driving this beast with no turbocharger boost.  I am puzzled by the "High Voltage" statement.  What does that mean?  I  am in Antonito Colorado in the middle of nowhere.  Does anyone have any idea where I can find a new boost sensor and someone to put it in for me?  I have kind of aged out of doing it myself.  I will attempt it if I must, but would prefer to let some one knowledgeable do it.  Also, if anyone knows the part # for a boost sensor for a CAT C9, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.  Richard
Technical Support / Re: ABS and ATC dash lights on
« Last post by Scott Shearer on July 23, 2024, 08:58:08 PM »
Don,

We had an intermittent ABS/ATC light, the culprit turned out to be a dirty ABS test button. The ABS test button is under the removable dash cover next to the J1939 data port (see Section 9, page 277 in your owner’s manual). You could ‘feel’ that the test button was gritty when pressed, I cleaned it with tuner cleaner, no more ABS light issue.

-Scott
Technical Support / Re: ABS and ATC dash lights on
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 23, 2024, 02:06:43 AM »
This thread may help shed some light on your issues

https://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,10793.msg73347.html#msg73347

I suggest checking / setting the sensor air gaps on all the wheels ( most commonly drove axle or tag axle out of adjustment)
Once the sensors have be taped back in the system should reset and the light will go out when the vehicle reaches a speed of 20 mph.

Eric
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 23, 2024, 01:58:13 AM »
Don
I agree with everything Steve is saying I've run toyos for the last 30,000 miles and they have given very good service I also believe the Michelin has a softer side wall and therefore give a somewhat softer ride on expansion cracks .
I have no personal experience with the Yokohama tires.

When ordering tires pay attention to the date codes on the new tires there are times when a warehouse may have 4 or 5 year old tires to get rid of and on a
Class A motorhome it's good practice to keep the tires current especially on the steer axle trading them out at 5 to 7 years of age

Eric
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on July 23, 2024, 12:50:35 AM »
Don,
Toyos are great tires but IMHO won't give as soft a ride as Michelins. I recently replaced mine with new Toyos at $456 / tire.
Steve
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10