Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / First RV-less Trip
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on July 25, 2024, 06:14:12 PM »
Just got back from our first multi day (2 week) “RV-less” trip since 2005, running just over 2800 miles. It was nice to be able to stop wherever we wanted w/o having to find a place to park. The Tundra provided a smooth ride and did 16+ mpg running 75+-. We had to stop more but it was a good chance to stretch. Driving comfort was good as it was much easier to maneuver. Downsides included having to unload and load luggage each stopover. Overall cost was slightly less compared to the RV as motel and food costs ate up any fuel savings. IMHO the RV was a much more convenient way to travel but not having to deal with all the little (and large) issues that can occur on and after a trip seem to balance things out.
Steve
Technical Support / Re: ABS and ATC dash lights on
« Last post by Eric Maclean on July 25, 2024, 01:36:49 PM »
There are two major ABS ( traction control systems on the market I'm not sure which one was used on the Beaver products .
I have included links to both for troubleshooting.

As I stated earlier the most common problem with either one of these systems is sensor air gap too wide this happens because the wheel bearings allow the hub to move and push the sensors back in their retainer the retainers have a spring collar to allow them to be moved in or out,  when adjusting the sensors simply tap them in until they contact the tone wheel on the hub from there the wheel movement will push them back to gain the needed clearance there's no need to set a clearance .
If the sensor on a particular wheel keeps going out of adjustment it is indicative of wheel bearings that are out of adjustment allowing the hub to travel in and out on the axle pushing the sensor out of adjustment.

These short videos and manuals will give you enough to identify the systems and start diagnostics

BENDIX ABS

https://youtu.be/Kz1SvOeFR8s?si=NmFTva7HGa5t4A2u

https://atelierjp.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Manuel-dentretien-ABS-Camion-EC-60-BENDIX.pdf

WABCO ABS

https://youtu.be/euD4P1JumaM?si=E3j1tsqbzS1tFd8U

https://www.wabco-customercentre.com/catalog/docs/mm0112_web_en.pdf

Hope this helps
Eric
« Last post by Scott Shearer on July 25, 2024, 01:41:16 AM »
The 2006 Marquis owner’s manual identifies the black rocker switch as an optional ‘ADC Test Switch’. I don’t see anywhere in the manual that explains what it is used for, it’s not referenced at all in the owner’s manual for our 2006 Patriot Thunder.
« Last post by Don White on July 24, 2024, 08:56:06 PM »
I located the ABS switch underneath the removable dash panel.  There is also a black switch that is not identified in my owner's manual.  Any thoughts?
Technical Support / Re: onan 7500 genset fuel filter setup
« Last post by Randy Keaveny on July 24, 2024, 04:10:43 AM »
never mind...I just watched a video on how it's set up...so thru the pump first. which I believe is a E 11012. then to the filter...but after watching the video I am starting to wonder if isn't the fuel pump?  I will check that first to see if the return is steady....but changing the pump doesn't look to bad??

Randy
Technical Support / onan 7500 genset fuel filter setup
« Last post by Randy Keaveny on July 24, 2024, 03:41:53 AM »
looking for diagrams or pics on how the fuel filter is set up on the Beaver Motorhome....98 Beaver Patriot....I am going to try an alternative fueling method and want to set it up before I get there...i.e.  I have the fuel filter.  and separate lines to run from an external tank...how do the fuel lines run to get the fuel to and from.   supply and return from the genset...the pump is internal I believe.   

thanks
Randy
Technical Support / Re: Tire replacement
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 24, 2024, 03:32:00 AM »
Toyo from bend commercial tire in Redmond.  Price includes dealing with our Tyron flat protection as well as balance etc.
All 8 tires about $5500.
Technical Support / Re: 2006 Monterey Check Engine Light
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on July 24, 2024, 12:30:37 AM »
Richard,
I replaced the boost pressure sensor in my C9 in 6/19. Part #s as follows.
  Sensor: 266-8650 but I think the updated # is 276-6793  Cost $166..05
  O ring: 214-7566   Cost $3.74
When ordering have your engine serial# handy to ensure the right sensor.
You may want to contact Dave Atherton (his phone# is in then member Directory) regarding your symptoms before throwing $ at the problem.
Steve

Technical Support / Disk brake pads 07 thunder
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 23, 2024, 10:56:54 PM »
Looking to identify the type of brakes on the front axle.  They are disk brakes and the casting on the caliper says Spicer.  Best I can read the numbers read 6087C.

I believe the axle is Dana but I find options for Bendix and Spicer.

Thanks
Technical Support / 2006 Monterey Check Engine Light
« Last post by Richard Davis on July 23, 2024, 10:16:00 PM »
The Check Engine Light on my 2006 Monterey has come on.  The diagnostic flash code is a "25".  The Cat manual calls it a "Intake Air Pressure Sensor Failure".  My Silverleaf calls it "Boost Pressure Sensor - High Voltage".  The end result is the ECM shuts off the boost pressure calculation for the injectors.  So, I am driving this beast with no turbocharger boost.  I am puzzled by the "High Voltage" statement.  What does that mean?  I  am in Antonito Colorado in the middle of nowhere.  Does anyone have any idea where I can find a new boost sensor and someone to put it in for me?  I have kind of aged out of doing it myself.  I will attempt it if I must, but would prefer to let some one knowledgeable do it.  Also, if anyone knows the part # for a boost sensor for a CAT C9, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.  Richard
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10