Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / Entry door hinge problem - 06 Marquis
« Last post by Don White on April 15, 2024, 10:01:30 PM »
I noticed that the hinge pin in the hinge on the entry door has slipped down 3". 

Two questions:

1. What is supposed to keep the hinge pin in place in the hinge?

2. Any suggestions on how to slide the pin back up into the hinge and keep it in place?

Thanks
Technical Support / Re: Magnum Chassis Parts
« Last post by Keith Moffett on April 14, 2024, 12:05:22 PM »
Peter
Just an FYI, we had the 2001 Marquis and it had a severe wandering issue.  We had it in 3 shops and everyone missed it.  Turned out the wandering was mainly the loose pitman arm locking ring on the steering box.
Good luck
Technical Support / Re: Coach Internet and TV service
« Last post by Don White on April 14, 2024, 12:24:15 AM »
Hi Robert, as noted a lot has to do with how much time you will be on the road, where you are staying, and your tolerance for not having decent internet and tv.  I typically spend 7 to 8 months on the road before returning to FL in the winter.  Solid internet is a must for me.  A lot of the time on the road is in National Parks in the west and the far reaches of southern and western TX.  For the last year+ I have used Starlink for both internet and TV.  A mobile account costs $150 a month.  I use Prime and Sling TV to stream TV programs I want to watch.  My phone is Wifi calling capable so I don't need to worry about cell reception when I have internet. 

I have been happy with Starlink.  The biggest factor with Starlink is making sure you have a good view of the northern sky.  I typically get download speeds of 40+ mbps, often as high as 80 mbps...no buffering when you want to watch something in 4k.

Prior to Starlink I had a cell extender for phone and Direct TV via a Wingard Traveler roof mounted dish.  Direct TV worked well for me, the cell extender not so much.

Hope this helps. 
Technical Support / Re: Aisle Lights
« Last post by Don White on April 13, 2024, 11:40:47 PM »
The lights in my coach started failing several years back.  I replaced them with some lights I found at etrailer.  The lights fit in the existing hole with no modifications.  They are also motion sensitive so they aren't on all the time.  This works well for me at night.  I don't have any model info on the lights to share, I don't remember them being very expensive.
« Last post by Joel Ashley on April 13, 2024, 02:30:09 AM »
Just as a suggestion beyond the qualified already posed, if you can get up to our sponsor, Henderson’s Line-up, in Grants Pass, Oregon, they are arguably the nation’s best at improving everything motorhome chassis.  You would not come away anything other than satisfied and glad you made the trip.

https://www.hendersonslineup.com/

Joel
« Last post by Bill Lampkin on April 12, 2024, 03:18:24 PM »
Do a search for Monaco watts, excellent info on handling issues
« Last post by Eric Maclean on April 11, 2024, 05:03:40 PM »
Peter
Often the techs will set your tire pressure at the maximum cold rating written on the side of the tire and you will also find the coach manufacturer will us the maximum inflation numbers on the vehicle weight I'd placard behind the driver's seat on the wall . In both cases they do this to limit their liability as they have no control on how you load your vehicle .
Remember as the weight goes up the tire pressure must be St to match the tires weight carrying ability for that weight, the only way to get that right is to weigh the vehicle at each wheel position and compare the weight to the tire manufacturers load chart for that given tire .
As a rule of thumb you take the heaviest side per axle add about 10% and use that tire pressure for both sides of that axle this gives you a safety factor.

If the torque rods are worn out that is the first place to start on your journey to handling improvements.

Eric
« Last post by Peter Buenting on April 11, 2024, 02:48:28 PM »
Excellent information!!  All of the symptoms described are what we are experiencing. I was wondering about tire pressure. When it came back from the shop last fronts were at 120 psi. Seems high.

I’ll have to get it on a scale and see where we are at. Thanks much.
Technical Support / Re: air dryer replacement
« Last post by Eric Maclean on April 11, 2024, 02:35:17 AM »

Here is a 1200 with Regen valve and 12 volts heater

https://www.anythingtruck.com/product/815-4006110600.html
Technical Support / Re: air dryer replacement
« Last post by Joel Ashley on April 11, 2024, 01:05:20 AM »
I see that no one replied to you, Jim.  I'm not familiar enough with the topic, and didn't read through them all, but you may find a lead somewhere in prior threads by searching this Forum, entering "air dryer valve".  Use the Search button to the right of the Home and Help ones, above left;  it's much more useful than the Search field that's above right.  If you come across what appears to be a helpful thread, try replying to it;  it may be a resurrectable thread.

If you haven't already, you might check the list of publications in Coach Assist also.  And try asking in the forum at FMCA where you'd have to already be a member in order to be one here.

I'm sorry I couldn't answer your inquiry directly, but hopefully this reply provides some benefit.  I hate to see initial posts go totally unanswered.

-Joel

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10