Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: air up suspension from air compressor
« Last post by Dan Johnson on Today at 11:19:39 PM »
Last fall I connected my large air compressor to the fitting in the filter bay but  for about 5 minutes but no suspension raise. I heard sounds from the front of the coach but no movement. Do I have something different?
As I have continued my project of almost complete replacement of my Monterey brake system I have run into a puzzling situation.
I've tackled the front components first, calipers, pads, booster pump, master cylinder.
The front lines have been relatively easy to trace out, hard to get to, but an understandable path from master cylinder to ABS valve
and on to left and right front wheels.  I just started digging into the rear system and have found a situation I am not understanding.
A brake line diagram would be such a help, but I can find nothing like what I am looking for.  I made a guess that one long line would
go from the front of the coach and tee into two directions going to each back wheel.  What I have found is two long lines going to the
back, one on each side of the coach.  At the end of each long line is a tee with one branch easily seen and accessed going to each wheel. 
The other branch of the tee on each side goes up toward the floorboard and quickly out of sight.  I can't understand where they would be going.
Have any of you who have done replacing of your lines found this situation?
Also, what seems odd is that all the up front steel lines are 1/4", while the two long lines going to the back are 3/16". 
Does that make technical sense?
Thanks for any ideas.
Eric
Technical Support / Re: Hydraulic pump leak
« Last post by Frank Bergamo on Today at 04:22:52 PM »
Yes, disconnect the supply line nut from the swivel fitting, holding the swivel fitting with a wrench as you are loosing the supply line fitting. This keeps it from twisting and possibly breaking off. After the supply line fitting is off, then loosen the nut up against the pump housing and remove fitting from housing. As far as fluid leaking out, you will probably loose some, have a pan ready and possibly something to plug the ends. Hope this helps, good luck! This is what you have, https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/6801-06-06-38-jic-male-x-6-saeorb-male-90.html?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwuJ2xBhA3EiwAMVjkVKvt6Ae8TIYh97B7nKLLa-9TdBe8eLwgHb0MiwKA25iaj_qrDhVWbhoCTOQQAvD_BwE
Technical Support / Re: Hydraulic pump leak
« Last post by Don Forsyth on Today at 02:01:09 PM »
Yes, that is correct. The nut at the housing. What in confusing me, is that the elbow that threads into the nut. So in order to change the O ring, I will have to disconnect the nut on the supply line from the elbow. Then remove the elbow to get to the nut to replace the O ring. Any idea of how much fluid will come out. Just so I have a big enough tub to catch it all. I tried to attach another picture of the supply line and elbow.
Technical Support / Re: Onan generator 7500
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on Today at 02:56:11 AM »
Yes, you could have an air leak allowing air to get sucked into the fuel flow.  How long has it been since you filled the diesel tank?  If a long time, then you could have water or algae in the fuel tank, or got filled with a bad load of fuel, in which case your fuel filter could be plugged... even after you recently changed the filter.  Remember, the generator pulls its fuel from the very bottom of the tank.  Have you driven the coach recently at highway speeds up any hills, and if so, did the engine run properly?
« Last post by Lee Welbanks on April 22, 2024, 11:51:35 PM »
My 06 PT has air connections near the right side of the generator, one is a drain the other is a quick connect to air up the whole coach, there is also one in the engine bay left side frame rail, it only airs up part of the system.
Also have a quick connection driver side first basement above the fuel tank.
« Last post by Eric Maclean on April 22, 2024, 11:38:18 PM »
Randy
I believe Richard is right  on .
To verify you can do as Richard suggested to check the supply line.
You can also use the fuel can trick to eliminate the fuel supply line altogether to see if that is where your problem is.

Eric
« Last post by Richard Davis on April 22, 2024, 10:59:17 PM »
It really seems like you are getting air in your fuel.  I would carefully check the supply and return fuel lines for any issues. The only way I found the issues in my fuel lines on my QD8000 was to disconnect them, pressurize them with air and spray the lines with soapy water.  Boy, did I create bubbles, the supply line was sucking air, but not showing leaks.  Replacing both lines made it run much better. 
Good luck.  Richard
p.s. If you have not replaced the fuel filter, do that also.
« Last post by Joel Ashley on April 22, 2024, 10:43:57 PM »
Seems like some coaches can also have the quick connect and tank drain valves in with the front generator.  Makes more sense there, for tow truck situations, than ours in the battery bay;  the tow truck driver has to string a long hose from his truck, over our passenger mirror, across the side of the Coach, and “tie it off” in or around the battery bay.  Go figure.

Joel
Technical Support / Re: Replace Domectic Air Conditioner
« Last post by Lawlor Wakem on April 22, 2024, 05:00:41 PM »
Thank you. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10