Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: How to manually retract front roadside slide
« Last post by Frank Bergamo on April 03, 2024, 08:56:01 PM »
I would check the relay switch on the pump motor before messing with hydraulic lines. There will be two big terminals that need to be jumped on the switch. If the pump motor runs while jumped, then the relay switch is most likely bad. Also, there are two small terminals on the relay switch, one is the trigger terminal, the other goes to ground. The trigger wire terminal should have 12 volts when pushing any of the retract/extend buttons inside coach. When pushing any of these buttons, and there still is no power at trigger terminal, then problem is upstream from relay switch. Hope this helps.
« Last post by Michael Bacon on April 03, 2024, 05:27:27 PM »
I located an old thread referencing my situation, and it appears the “reset switch” is in the generator slide. As you can see in the attachment this gentleman “ bled the hydraulic line” to get the generator slide open. My question is how do I determine which line is the hydraulic line. I’m not very mechanical, and have difficulty determining these things.
As always thanks for your assistance!
Mike
Technical Support / SMC System Bleeding
« Last post by John Demartini on April 02, 2024, 10:50:56 PM »
Just finished up replacing pump and control valve block.  Having difficulty effectively bleeding the system.  Does anyone have experience with this and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Technical Support / Re: HWH Computerized Leveling System
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on April 02, 2024, 07:03:34 PM »
Try removing the panel to check if a wire or two have become unplugged.  Unplug the wires and reattach them.  This is possibly the easiest and cheapest fix, and is worth a try.
Technical Support / HWH Computerized Leveling System
« Last post by Rick Mayer on April 02, 2024, 02:15:20 PM »
My HWH leveling system in our 93 Grand Marquis has worked perfectly, both air & hydraulic , for the 14 years we have had the coach.  After parking last Saturday , I started to level the coach using the Air system.  The "Air Operation indicator light" illuminated then went out.  The entire panel is now dead except the "level sensing indicator lights" and the "Travel Permissible" light.  The boots inflate to travel height, so no issue there, just no power to the HWH panel. I have the original manual, ML7797 Manual CHA-K 8-90, but it offers no help trouble shooting the system. Are their  fuses in the system?  I can find no CBs open.
Steve
Glad to hear you got your problem solved .
It's funny as I just happen to in Columbia SC. For the next two nights passing through on our way home.

Eric
IMHO avoid shops w/o a CAT ET system if you have an engine issue.
Our C9 developed a miss last summer following annual service at a local diesel shop with very good reviews and recommendations. It would not start missing until the engine was at operating temp and under load. I took it back to the shop after returning from trips to the midwest and TX (~4k miles) during which the miss did not get any worse and was only noticeable when pulling hills. The shop swore they had an analyzer that would spot issues with CAT engines. They had the coach for 2 weeks and replaced the fuel filters, ICP and fuel pressure regulator as well as checking for air in the fuel (none). No change to miss. They then tried to tell me I had a high pressure oil issue. At that point I told them to stop and I would pick it up. Checked with Blanchard CAT (about 40 miles further away) and they told me they could work on it. However winter set in so I left it in the barn to avoid winterizing. Checked with them about 3 weeks ago and found they had stopped servicing OTR truck engines. Made a quite a number of calls till a Blanchard CAT service writer in Columbia SC told me of Worldwide Equipment in Spartanburg that had hired one of their best mechanics.
Checked with them to verify they had a CAT ET system. Dropped the coach off on Tuesday AM. That afternoon I received an email describing findings and an estimate. Injector 2 started failing at 163F. Gave them the go-ahead and they had it ready Friday.
They are good but not cheap (but cheaper than paying some shop to guess on my dime.
Steve
Misc RV Equipment for Sale or Wanted / Shocks and Air Bags
« Last post by Steven Link on March 31, 2024, 08:47:44 PM »

Set of 3 NIB Bilstein Electronic adjustable shocks and 2 new air bags for RR10-S (S series 10 air bags) for sale. $250 each for the air bags and $200 each for the shocks plus shipping. Bought for spares for 2009 Beaver Marquis that I no longer own.
« Last post by Michael Bacon on March 31, 2024, 07:21:18 PM »
Thanks for your quick responses, I will check out your suggestions tomorrow.
Mike
« Last post by Don and Kathy DuCharme on March 31, 2024, 01:02:35 AM »
If it is in the same place as the 07 Pacifica, look above the AquaHot toward the fromt of the coach.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10