Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I second the battery shop advice.  My local battery shop that deals with trucks will build me a cable for less than I can buy the materials for, at least the last time I went there.  They will also know the correct cable gauge for your system if you tell them the details. 
Technical Support / Re: TV Lift
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on October 02, 2022, 01:57:48 PM »
MJ,
I made a couple of errors on the initial diagram.  Attached is an updated one.
  -The switch provides 12v, not ground to the relays.
  -The wires from the switch to the relays are yellow and brown at the switch but yellow and grey at the box so apparently the brown wire got spiced to a gray one. Suggest you verify with a meter.
Steve
Technical Support / Re: Hydraulic slide and jacks
« Last post by Mark Graves on October 02, 2022, 01:42:32 PM »
It was the pump solenoid.
Thanks again all.
For a quick fix, try 1/4" self stick foam weather strip tape at HD. Get you thru to the first frost.
« Last post by Michael Hannan on October 02, 2022, 12:52:30 AM »
Thanks very much Steve!!!
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on October 01, 2022, 11:13:07 PM »
MJ,
Attached is a diagram of the circuit described by the uTube guy as best as I could figure. If the motor only has 3 wires they have combined the neutral and ground so just ground it. The motor wire colors are from a motor I found on the web. If yours are different you'll have to check the resistance of each to determine which is which. The up down wires will both have the same amount of resistance. The ground wire will (should) show a short to the motor housing. The neutral should also show the short (if you ID the other 3, the remaining one is neutral).
If your not comfortable with electrical work have a shop do it.
Steve
There was an advertiser for rubber seals in FMC magazine, but darned if I can find it now.  Though your coach isn’t “vintage” you might check with these fellows, https://www.vintagetrailergaskets.com/6-vintage-trailer-gaskets

Also see if this is a resource:
https://www.rvpartscenter.com/shop-by-categories/list1/rv-window-parts/screen-parts

I’m not sure your windows are Hehr, but see if you can find something stamped on the screens or window frame so you can provide suppliers with a searchable part.  These guys have been helpful to many here since Monaco/Beaver went out of business in Oregon:  https://www.nwrvsupply.com/

As an aside, I have a fond memory of hundreds of whitefish (Squawfish) rising to a heavy hatch under the Hwy 287 bridge over the Jefferson River, where I mingled with whiteface cattle riverside.  It’s a wonder the fish chose my purple haze parachute out of the millions afloat around it, but I had a ball catching and releasing a dozen or so, and they weren’t small… some a challenge for my 5 weight.  🐟

A visit to the confluence park, then a nice pizza in Three Forks before returning to the coach that evening in Ennis.  Good memories to have.

Joel
Technical Support / Re: Carefree Over the door Awning
« Last post by Joel Ashley on October 01, 2022, 10:23:59 PM »
Go to the upper right of this page, Bernard, and tap the bold text link to the Club’s main beaveramb.org website page, which is separate from this Forum site.  If not registered there yet you may have to create another account so you can sign in there if you want to actually download any documents you might want.

Tap the “Technical” tab, and then “Coach Assist” at the menu’s bottom.  Scroll to find whatever resource you’re interested in, such as under “Awnings & Doors” the one from Will Hansen, “Carefree Freedom AV & OtD Tubular Motor Replacement”, which may be the one you want.  It’s been a couple of years and I don’t recall which diagrams I was using for mine;  I got them off the Carefree website.

Coach Assist you will want to remember because, like most of us, you will likely find it regularly useful.

Joel
« Last post by Bernard J. Wooldridge on October 01, 2022, 09:52:04 PM »
Thanks for the reply,Steve....excuse my ignorance, but i don't know what or where coach assist is...i'm still trying to figure out how to use this system and spend a fair amount of time searching for definitions and procedures,etc...
« Last post by Bernard J. Wooldridge on October 01, 2022, 09:28:58 PM »
Thanks for the reply ,Joel , seems like we're on the same page,  just thought i might have missed something ....will still be on my list of repairs, but not top priority....like you , i hesitate to try removing the whole thing. will let you know if i come up with something else.......JW
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10