Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Fuse panel Bedroom
« Last post by Casey Humphries on Today at 03:57:13 AM »
Evening,

I do have a 12V breaker panel, I just thought it was odd to have an empty fuse panel.  Everything works on my coach.  From memory it was built in 2001. 
Technical Support / Re: battery bank
« Last post by Dan Johnson on May 25, 2022, 10:52:02 PM »
I got things switched around.  All is working well including  the new digital echo charger. Thanks for all the help.
Dan
Technical Support / Re: 1995 Marquis CMP issue
« Last post by Dan Johnson on May 25, 2022, 10:47:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum. These guys really will help you out.  Not a bunch of snooty folks like some forums. I got my Emerald four months ago but cool weather has slowed learning about it.  These Beavers are some pretty nice machines. You may want to put your Beaver model etc in your signature to help out future post.

Dan
Technical Support / 1995 Marquis CMP issue
« Last post by Luke Connolly on May 25, 2022, 10:23:48 PM »
Hi All:

I'm new to the BAC forum as well as a new beaver owner.  I've been working on the resurrection of my 1995 38ft marquis emerald for several months and have been self guided for the most part.  (heavily referencing the forum as a guest)

One of the known issues when I'd purchased the coach were the rocker switches on the CMP the power switch was intermittent and 1 of the tank level switch was missing it's rocker (I broke a few more of of the level switches playing around with them)  I replaced the black power and red tank level switches and all seems well on the tank level side.  The power monitoring side AC&DC all reads 1's not sure why? it dose not seem to matter if the coach is pugged into shore power or on the generator, all AC&DC systems are functioning correctly.

Bad CMP?

Dose anyone know who made the CMP in the pictures? (guessing beaver / SMC but not sure)

Thank you

Luke
« Last post by Fred Brooks on May 25, 2022, 03:38:34 PM »
     Dan, As Eric shared with you, the positive and negative connections have to be at each diagonally end so the batteries charge evenly. Your other choice is to buy a 3/0 cable to extend your positive cable, replace the cable with a new one of the same gauge. You could remove all the batteries and rotate them 180 degrees so that the positive cable to the coach is the inner left connection, and the negative is the outer right (opposite of my set up) If you consider that, take a picture before you do anything. Please be careful. Fred
« Last post by Dan Johnson on May 25, 2022, 02:17:09 PM »
Eric

Yes I have enough cable to move negative cable to upper right battery which would be like Fred's set up. But my positive cable is still short. If I could put my positive cable on the lower left battery problem solved.
« Last post by Eric Maclean on May 25, 2022, 01:53:43 PM »
Dan
As Fred pointed out  if you move the positive cable to the position you want the battery bank will not charge evenly .
The cables for best results should be at opposite ends of the battery bank .

Do you have enough slack on the negative cable to move it to the other end of the bank as well to keep the cables at opposite ends of the battery bank?

Eric
« Last post by Dan Johnson on May 25, 2022, 01:40:12 PM »
My battery set up is like yours except the main negative cable is on the far right battery. I want to put the main positive cable on the lower right battery.  It would be like yours only in reverse. I will work on a picture.
Technical Support / Re: 2007 Marquis Dash A/C Refrigerant Capacity
« Last post by Anand Shah on May 25, 2022, 02:50:44 AM »
Just posting final # here -

The sticker on the firewall said 52 oz.   Removed 4 lbs 1 oz = 65 oz

I after replacing the leaking line did a full 30 min vacuum and it took 4 lbs 8 oz - which at 72 oz is way more than 52.  Used PAG 100.  A/C now ice cold for the first time since I've owned this coach, hopefully stays that way.  Lines seem to leak at fittings where there are bends....

Anand
« Last post by Fred Brooks on May 24, 2022, 11:43:21 PM »
    Dan,
Does your battery tray configuration look like this? Why is the positive cable too short? Is it caught on something behind the tray? If you start relocating cables you could unbalance the batteries or worse yet short out cables and start a fire. If you go to coach assist there is place to show how to reduce photos to under 300kb. please post a picture of your set up. Fred
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10