Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Allison Transmission Hard Shifting
« Last post by Frank Bergamo on February 03, 2023, 05:35:47 PM »
Wow,

“when it will fail not if it will fail.”  That’s just about every major component on the coach. Traveling several thousand miles with zero issues with transmission, I think I would hold off on replacing transmission. There are no guarantees that a rebuilt or remanufactured trans will be any better. Just my humble opinion for whatever that’s worth. Good luck on your decision.
Technical Support / Re: Allison Transmission Hard Shifting
« Last post by Mike Grevers on February 03, 2023, 03:06:15 AM »
Update:

I took the coach on a trip from Chicago to the Florida Keys for about the last month. The transmission did well. I saw temperatures ranging from 155 to 185 from flat Indiana in the cold to the hills in southern Georgia. Although I got over 2000 miles out of the transmission, it was always in the back of my mind that it's when it will fail not if it will fail. I decided upon my return this past weekend that I will be ordering a reman transmission. I got a few quotes from $10,250.00 at the high end and the lowest at $7,900.00. I will be going with the lowest as they are a major local Allison distributor I have worked with and have a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. Just wanted to let everyone know how it went.
Technical Support / Re: Onan 12500 Generator
« Last post by Eric Maclean on February 02, 2023, 09:33:50 PM »
« Last post by Bobby Kirk on February 02, 2023, 05:21:36 PM »
Thanks for the replies  Coach has been at Cummings in Tampa since Jan 19th.  That is the part number that is on my estimate.
Coach was taken in for another problem with Gen  It would cut off after 25/30 mins like it was hot but engine was not hot,  Had the belt, thermostat, and heat sender changed did not solv problem  Took it to Cummings they diagnosed it as needing new PCB
(1400.00) in that process they said brushes were within tolerances but barley.  So i made decision to change Brush Bloch While
it was there.  Was told there was none available in the Cummings system they would have to order thru their national parts dept.
Just thought someone might have had same problem  I have told them to put old brushes back and install new PCB just hope this solves the original problem.(2600.00) OUCH
Thanks for the FORUM.

Bobby Kirk
« Last post by Dan Johnson on February 02, 2023, 12:43:47 PM »
Are you sure you have the right part number or was it superseded by another number? I would check back with a onam dealer.
« Last post by Paul Meehan on February 02, 2023, 10:30:14 AM »
Since Cummins owns Onan, would a Cummins service center be able to help you?

Good luck!
Technical Support / Onan 12500 Generator
« Last post by Bobby Kirk on February 02, 2023, 01:00:03 AM »
I have an 06 Beaver Marquis  Has a 12.5 Onan gen  Does anyone know where i can get Brush Block for this unit. The Onan
part No is  0212-1285-SO.Thanks for any info

Bobby Kirk
Technical Support / Re: Drain Master valves
« Last post by Jerry Carr on February 01, 2023, 12:26:20 AM »
On our 06PT I changed one of our valves to a manual but kept the other as electric. The manual valve is availble from many suppliers try Amazon server drain gate valve they will cost 20-30 dollars and very EZ to change youself . When I sold our 06PT I did pull the manual unit and installed the electric very EZ and maybe [$30.00)
« Last post by Robert Mielenz on January 31, 2023, 09:37:46 PM »
I'm usually plugged in. I measured 12v at the switch.  Thanks for the come back.
« Last post by Frank Bergamo on January 31, 2023, 08:58:32 PM »
Robert,

Try opening the valves with engine running or when plugged in. The higher voltage helps get the valve motor moving easier. Hope this helps.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10