Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Resetting a Aquahot Thermostat
« Last post by Fred Brooks on December 01, 2022, 05:30:53 PM »
  I can understand your apprehension and not wanting to lose what you have. I would be suspect of the thermostat based on the information you have provided. If you wanted to prove that the rear thermostat is the issue, you could swap the front with the rear and then reset the thermostats. (reseting the thermostats reboots them and tells them what is attached to them. The 5 button thermostats are no longer available but there is someone out there who rebuilds them. Sorry I don't have that info in front of me. If you choose to upgrade to the replacement 10 button thermostat, you will have to upgrade the pc boards inside each air conditioner. Holiday Blessings and I hope it all works out for you! Fred
« Last post by Eric Maclean on December 01, 2022, 05:18:25 PM »
Dominic
You say you are inside a building I assume you are not running the diesel burner inside because of carbon monoxide concerns.
If this is the case the Aquahot is only being heated by the electric heating element and may not be able to keep up with demand.

Eric
Technical Support / Re: Recall List for Beaver Coaches
« Last post by Frank Wright on December 01, 2022, 05:15:09 PM »
I have a  2008 Contessa 42M. Looking at the recall list their several times listed. Is there a way to determine if the recalls were completed and if not, would they still be honored by the manufacturers involved?
Thanks,
Frank
Technical Support / Re: 2009 Contessa Road Side Bedroom Slide Brass Worm Gear
« Last post by Frank Wright on December 01, 2022, 05:05:24 PM »
My slide motor /gearbox assembly failed, and the 133612 has been replaced by LCI Replacement 18:1 Venture Motor and Driveshaft with Right Angle Gear Box - LC117292. Beware that the replacement motor failed in less than four months. The gear ratio on it is 18:1, whereas the 133612 is 18:1 from the motor to the gearbox and then 360:1 from the gearbox to the shaft.
fYI, Frank
« Last post by Dominic . Sue Ambrosino on December 01, 2022, 03:46:38 PM »
yes, my aqua hot is running with no lights other than the normal ones. my front thermostat is working and i get heat from that one.

i did reset the 5 button t-stat several times last night...sometimes i got the FF code and a few times the display came on and so did the heat. but, it didn't last very long (less than 3-4 minutes). I reset again, got FF then EE. let it sit. pulled the telephone looking connection, retried the reset a few more times until it worked.

this morning it seems ok, but i'm hesitant that it won't happen again....

just one more piece of info-----i've only been using zone 1 & 2...we're in montana (temps in the teens and/or 20's). we're living in the coach inside an unheated, partially insulated garage while we work on completing the build. winter came on very early and very furious....we're about 1 to 2 weeks away from getting all the heat done inside the building and hoping we can stay here to do that. i don't use zone3 because it intermittently works (we think it's a sticky valve???) but haven't wanted to mess with it for fear of something going wrong and then we'd have no heat... montana is fairly remote and getting service now is impossible. .i say all this to explain how we got in this situation (not normal for us) and to see if the third zone may have anything to do with our issue....
thanks for listening and for any help!
the zone is not working at all, but the front zone is working fine. we're not using heat pumps (it's too cold for that)....
i did reset it several times. it started and then shut off within a few minutes.

Was it colder than it has been when you noticed this? I assume you are using the A/C heat pump-our heat pump only works down to 45F or so, then it won't come on. As for resetting the t-stats, I think you start from t-stat off, then press the two buttons, then power up the t-stat while holding the buttons down.
« Last post by Fred Brooks on December 01, 2022, 01:13:13 PM »
  If you get the EE code, it is telling you there is an error somewhere in the system. The t-stat gets its information from the front air conditioner via the 4-wire thermostat phone cable that is daisy chained between the rear air conditioner and the front air conditioner. Is your aqua hot or hydro hot system working properly? Are you plugged into shore power? Is your 12volt system above 12.8 volts? Fred
« Last post by Dominic . Sue Ambrosino on December 01, 2022, 06:20:21 AM »
thanks for this info. i have a 5 button thermostat. i did the reset and got the FF code followed by an EE code...any thoughts?????
We're living in our 2005 Beaver Patriot thunder  in an unheated shop. We are in the midst of building and installing the radiant heat (hopefully within 2 weeks). We've been maintaining a comfortable temp inside the coach, despite temps in the shop being in the 20's. Tonight our back thermostat turned off. The only lights we have are the zone lights. I tried to reset it, based on what i've read here. holding MODE and ZONE and turning it on and off turns on the furnace for only a few seconds. after that, it turns off and lights also turn off and all i see are the zones, again.
Zone 1 is working fine.
i check circuit breakers, disconnected the phone type connection in the back of the thermostat (and reconnected)....can't think of anything else i can do.
ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.
thanks so much
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10