Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Hydraulic pump leak
« Last post by Frank Bergamo on Today at 11:19:20 PM »
The fitting that goes into the pump housing is a O-ring fitting. Rotate the elbow fitting where it lines up with the hose fitting then snug it down. That should fix the drip. If not, then back out the nut to access the O-ring and replace O-ring and reassemble. Hope this helps.
Technical Support / Hydraulic pump leak
« Last post by Don Forsyth on Today at 10:39:59 PM »
I have a 2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV w/Cat C9  400. I noticed the other day a puddle under the rear just about the battery location. I crawled under to find that the large hydraulic line that connects to the pump had loosened and was dripping. I lost about a gal of fluid. Which makes sense because my power steering started groaning. Originally the elbow of the line was horizontal and up near the frame and tucked away. When I found it, it was hanging down vertically. I pushed it back up as tight as I could by hand and then put a pipe wrench on the fitting. I thought that fixed it until a few days later when I noticed a new spot on the ground. The fitting is still leaking. I can't tighten it anymore and was wondering it maybe the nut turns on the front of the pump. So not wanting to create more problems I thought I would reach out and see if anyone was familiar with this and how to tighten it. Having trouble attaching picture.
Technical Support / Re: Water under the coach
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on Today at 02:56:06 PM »
George, if you are hooked up to city water that could be your over flow for your fresh water tank. One of 2 things could cause this. Your water pump is allowing water to flow back into your tank or your city water on off valve is leaking. If you can see your fresh water tank mark a line to see if the water level is increasing.
Technical Support / Re: Water under the coach
« Last post by David Ciotti on Today at 11:52:42 AM »
On my 2002 Marquis that pipe is a low point drain in the box that houses the water pump and the ice maker cutoff.  I learned this when a service tech was repairing my water pump which would not pump water anymore.  It stopped when I let the fresh water tank run out of water.  It turns out that my water pump did not self prime and had to be coaxed into pumping water again by removing the water filter at the pump and opening both hot and cold water faucets in the water bay and running the pump for several minutes.  It is working fine now.
Actually the other thread is under Rally / 2024 Rallies not in the General Discussion.
Anyone that checks out this post and really wants information about other FMCA / BAC rally opportunties, see the thread for "2024 Rallies"  Cathi Stark
Rallies / Re: 2024 Rallies
« Last post by Cathileen Stark on April 17, 2024, 05:51:23 AM »
Modification from the previous list of rallies 
Indio was cancelled for 2024, but we are on track for January 2025 for
There is a Rally within a Rally at Redmond in conjunction with the FMCA Convention.  Register now with FMCA for 30 amp and the BAC rally will be announced within a couple of weeks.  Two of us will be traveling from Sacramento up to Chiloquin OR for three nights prior to the FMCA event.  This will be a gathering but there are 6 sites reserved at the Waterwheel RV park.  Contact me if you are interested.
In August 2025 there will be a "Quartzsite North" in Chetwynd British Columbia.  This is still under developement but we wanted any Alaska travelers to be aware of the potential for a rally about mid August.Chetwynd is famous for chain saw carvings and close proximity to Mile One on the Alaska Highway. This will also allow Canadians to have a rally "at home".

After the FMCA convention there will be time to travel east to one or more ofthe three rallies in Nebraska.  There will be a rally in Myrtle Beach and then make your way to the BAC International rally in Sieverville, followed by a rally in the Smoky Mountains.

Many opportunties to gather with other BAC members.  You can plan an activity in your area if none of these are convenient.  Contact me, Cathi Stark nana.grandpa.rving@gmail.com or the VP for the area in which you would like to plan a rally.  We are all happy to help.
Technical Support / Re: Entry door hinge problem - 06 Marquis
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on April 16, 2024, 04:13:41 PM »
Don, I take a counter sink used in setting nails below the surface and tap the hinge pin back in Place. I have done this when it appears to slip but never saw it 3 inches out of alignment. It has needed the realignment  about once a year. We live full time so the door gets lots of action
Technical Support / Entry door hinge problem - 06 Marquis
« Last post by Don White on April 15, 2024, 10:01:30 PM »
I noticed that the hinge pin in the hinge on the entry door has slipped down 3". 

Two questions:

1. What is supposed to keep the hinge pin in place in the hinge?

2. Any suggestions on how to slide the pin back up into the hinge and keep it in place?

Thanks
Technical Support / Re: Magnum Chassis Parts
« Last post by Keith Moffett on April 14, 2024, 12:05:22 PM »
Peter
Just an FYI, we had the 2001 Marquis and it had a severe wandering issue.  We had it in 3 shops and everyone missed it.  Turned out the wandering was mainly the loose pitman arm locking ring on the steering box.
Good luck
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10