Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Trace RC7 GS + Alladin
« Last post by Richard Davis on March 13, 2024, 10:15:41 PM »
Mark
Since you mentioned the Fass system, that implies that your Monterey has the Cummins engine.  Just curious since my Monterey has the CAT engine.  I did not know that Beaver sometimes used Cummins engines.  It is my understanding that the Fass system is not compatible with CAT HEUI motors.  Can you clarify for me. 
Richard
The cylinders can be rebuilt as shown in the video below but if the extension rod is rusted it is cheaper to replace the cylinder

Here is the link to the for mentioned video

https://youtu.be/PwEkLm89Ndw?si=LQahEsZpsu8TXORh

Here is a link to new cylinders

https://www.nwrvsupply.com/product/rap30761-cylinder-assembly-for-slide-out-mechanism/

Hope this helps
Eric
Technical Support / Re: replacing front DS/PS slide out cylinders 2006 monterey
« Last post by Joel Ashley on March 13, 2024, 08:19:41 AM »
You might also look into whether a good machine shop can “rebuild” your cylinder(s).

Joel
« Last post by Joel Ashley on March 13, 2024, 08:10:37 AM »
As Fred recommends, you can find “leveling and room extension” info in Coach Assist under Leveling Systems.  But while there you might also scroll down a tad more to “Slide Out and Step Manuals”.

Joel
See az rv expert on you tube. James just did a video on that  n ot for the faint of heart!
Technical Support / Re: Orange dial on air pressure gauge issues
« Last post by Eric Maclean on March 13, 2024, 12:55:53 AM »
Bob
It appears that your on the right track , if the problem is while driving the air governor controls both the unloader valve in the compressor and the purge valve in the air dryer.
The braided air line you referred to is the air discharge line from the compressor to the air dryer the air passes through the air dryer and exits through a check valve in the dryer before running via a air line ( usually green ) to the wet tank.
If the check that  valve goes bad or sticks the air can leak backwards through the air dryer when the compressor is not pumping
To check that check valve disconnect the braided air line with air in the tanks and engine shut down and check for air leaking from the dryer connection.
When you replaced the old braided discharge line was there signs of excess oil passing from the compressor?

With all the work you've done now might be a good time to clean and service the air dryer .
The links below should help you to understand the operation of the governor, unloader and dryer operation .
Your coach most likely does not have a Bendix  air dryer but the operation will be the same .

https://youtu.be/bmgSwSeLk_o?si=Cr926sIOiIVIZv5F

https://youtu.be/7phjlysl7Zo?si=9kMvxbicFKKgDI5t

Hope this helps
Eric
Technical Support / Re: Orange dial on air pressure gauge issues
« Last post by Bob Disney on March 12, 2024, 10:03:35 PM »
That didn't fix the air leak
I believe now that we have a bad unloader valve on the compressor
I have one ordered and hope to have it on today or tomorrow/ I purchased a Bendix as that is the compressor brand used on our coach. OEM is always best
I also replaced the hose from the governor to the valve at the compressor as a precaution, the old one showed some wear on the SS braiding
The leaky pop off valve replacement slowed down the air from escaping overnight but not the pressure drop while running down the road.
I have been fighting this for a couple of years and have had it in the shop a couple of times
It appears that this is not at all a uncommon of a problem,
I'm home for a extended time now and will not know if replacing the valve will fix it, until we take another trip
« Last post by Fred Brooks on March 12, 2024, 08:50:23 PM »
    John,
If you go to our library of component installations and service you will find HWH systems under leveling. To get there go to the Beaver home page and select "technical" and a drop down menu and select coach assist. In the Library scroll down to leveling systems. Fred
Technical Support / replacing front DS/PS slide out cylinders 2006 monterey
« Last post by John Ziomek on March 12, 2024, 08:33:11 PM »
I need to replace the cylinders on my 2006 Beaver Monterey due to corrosion which has torn one of my cylinder seals. I am looking for an installation/replacement manual for an HWH AP30761 and AP30763 cylinder. These are the driver and passenger slide-out cylinders.  Any leads or advice will be most welcome especially where I can purchase replacement cylinders.
I have already contacted Beaver in Oregon and they only have one with an exchange. Before I can even purchase one I still need to remove the existing one. Therefore the need for removal instructions.

Hoping this does not fall on deaf ears...lol

Thanks
JJZ
Technical Support / Re: Trace RC7 GS + Alladin
« Last post by Bill Lampkin on March 12, 2024, 03:08:51 PM »
when i replaced our fridge with a residential fridge, I also replaced the xantrex inverter with a new sine wave model; new remote panel too. You might check to see if your inverter has been replaced.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10