Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Lost shore power
« Last post by Fred Brooks on Today at 02:46:24 PM »
    Mike ,
I am not sure where your inverter/converter monitor panel is located. Perhaps above the passenger seat behind a small cabinet door like on my 2000 Marquis. Once you locate it, if all is well the monitor should indicate "float" charge once the house batteries are fully charged.
  You will know if the coach is winterized by checking the following: Turn on the water pump at the switch up under the CMP 20 monitor panel (or at the lavy vanity cabinet). Open the cold-water faucet in the kitchen and see if you get pink colored water. Next try the lavy sink and then flush the toilet. If all are pink, you're good. Open the hot water faucet in the kitchen and see if you get pink water. That water is supplied by the Aqua-hot. If pink, that is a good indicator that the Aqua-hot has been winterized also. When you can access the driver's side water bay, check the external water faucet fixture which is sometimes overlooked. Please read the owner's manual for a full understanding. Happy for your progress, Fred
Technical Support / Re: Onan 12.5 Generator Leaking Oil
« Last post by Mike Shumack on Today at 02:03:42 PM »
On my 10KW Onan generator, there is a foam-like gasket between/around the oil drain plug that sort of seals (loose term) the oil pan to the gen box structure.

If the mechanic spilled some oil while changing the filter, it could take some time for it work its way out past that foam gasket. If that is the case the leak will stop after a short while.
« Last post by David T. Richelderfer on Today at 01:18:41 PM »
Since your Marquis is plugged into 50 amp, just plug your 12v - 30 amp charger into one of the Marquis' basement receptacles.
« Last post by Mike Sulley on Today at 07:16:01 AM »
Follow Up:
Thanks Gentlemen for all your help.

Following the shore power breaker tripping, my house batteries were down to 2 volts measured diagonally across the stack.  Fred told me that nothing would work until I got the house batteries up to 12 volts.  The storage unit is so narrow that I can’t open the bay door enough to really see how the house batteries are wired- series/ parallel.  So I put two six volt chargers across two sets of two batteries in series.  That’s all I had at the time and I thought since the batteries were 6 volt, I had to use a six volt charger.  Fred set me straight and I applied a 12 volt 5 amp charger diagonally across all six batteries and managed to get them up to 12+ volts.

I bought a 30 amp charger, to charge them faster but it tripped the GFI on the 120v 20 amp circuit in the storage unit.  Fred also told me that the first sign to tell if I had power in the coach was the display on the microwave would come on.  And it did after a couple days charging.

So now I have house batteries at 13.7v and  on the CMP-20 house monitor I am showing 124v and 123 v on legs 1 and 2 respectively.  So everything is working in the coach.

Thanks everyone.  This has been a great experience .  It’s forced me to crawl around on the coach.  Taking picture of my systems in “my” coach.  Learning the vocabulary so I can talk RV’s.   I am beginning to really appreciate how well thought out and well built these coaches are.

Now I’m off to tackle freeze protecting the Aqua Hot and the rest of the coach.

Respectfully,
Mike Sulley
2001 Marquis Amethyst
43’-10”
Cat C12 505 hp
Technical Support / Re: Generator Dash Switch
« Last post by Richard Davis on Today at 01:15:59 AM »
Thanks Mike!
Of course supply issues raise their ugly head.  The lighted one I need is out of stock (not expected until at least after the first of the year).  Oh well, at least my switch still works, I just can't tell by looking if the generator is running or not.
Richard
Technical Support / Re: Onan 12.5 Generator Leaking Oil
« Last post by Don White on December 05, 2021, 10:01:06 PM »
Hi Eric,

Apologies, I should have included in my first post that I did check the dip stick.  It is halfway between what I assume are the cold and hot fill marks on the dip stick.  There is no visible sign of leaking around the oil filter, oil fill tube, or dip stick.  I will check the drain plug tomorrow.  I would think if it were the drain plug it would be a constant leak, not just a momentary leak when I shut the engine down that is maybe a cup or 2 in volume and then stops.  Am I missing something?
Technical Support / Re: Strang hand crank
« Last post by Mike Shumack on December 05, 2021, 09:30:16 PM »
I thought our coaches were just alike.

Have you heard the of these Coaches referred to as "snowflakes"? No two Coaches are alike.  ;D
Technical Support / Re: Generator Dash Switch
« Last post by Mike Shumack on December 05, 2021, 09:25:34 PM »
I have replaced several of those Carling Contura switches. I don't believe there is a way to replace just the indicator light bulb. I have one in my hand now and the bulb doesn't appear to be intended to come out. The switch is only $15 http://www.nwrvsupply.com/category/172.html

Removing it - I recommend going in from behind so you can depress the plastic retaining tabs (top and bottom) and not risk scratching you dash panel; however, you can remove it from the front if you can use a putty knife or similar to push in the retainer and lift under the bezel to pop it out. On my Coach there is barely enough slack in the wiring to do anything once it's out and all the connections are individual push on spade connectors (easy to mix up if more than one come unplugged) but I believe the later models had an actual one-piece connector (which retains all the wires in their correct positions).
Technical Support / Generator Dash Switch
« Last post by Richard Davis on December 05, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
2006 Monterey; the dash switch for the generator has lost it's light that indicates that the generator is running.  Is that small light replaceable, or does the entire switch have to be replaced?  And, how does that switch come out?  Does the dash panel have to be taken off, or can the switch be unclipped from the front?
Thanks!  Richard
Technical Support / Re: Strang hand crank
« Last post by Richard Davis on December 05, 2021, 08:44:05 PM »
Thanks to everyone for all the comments.  This definitely looks like the hand crank for gear driven slide outs.  All of my slide outs are HWH hydraulic.  (Joel, I'm surprised that your bed is on an electric slide mechanism, I thought our coaches were just alike.  2006 Monterey Ventura IV's.  It seems that even the same model year coaches were not all built the same.)  I see no reason to carry this any longer, so I will relegate it to the garage pile of miscellaneous stuff.
Richard   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10