Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Technical Support / Re: Brake light fuse
« Last post by Bryan Beamon on October 19, 2021, 08:19:15 PM »
William, try  #81 it is a 15 amp fuse. See attached picture. It is located on the driver side front compartment.
Technical Support / Re: Brake light fuse
« Last post by Bill Lampkin on October 19, 2021, 06:18:02 PM »
There is a wiring diagram for your coach here: go to beaveramb.org and clik on coach assist.
Technical Support / Brake light fuse
« Last post by William Posey on October 19, 2021, 04:23:00 PM »
I have a brake light fuse issue ( I think) on my 2007 Beaver Contessa, but I cannot locate the fuse. Anyone know where the fuse is located and possibly send a snapshot?
General Discussion / Re: purchasing a 2003 marquis 68k miles (help)
« Last post by Fred Brooks on October 19, 2021, 02:24:57 AM »
   Michael,
  If the seller has receipts for services rendered more than likely they are valid. Most shops would not be in business for very long if their motive was to screw folks. A Marquis is very high quality coach and most owners are very discerning who they let work on their coach. They take a lot of pride in the appearance and performance of their Motorhome.
  I personally had a following of over 300 luxury coach owners who trusted my experience and knowledge of quality coaches. I always saved all parts replaced and was proud to show my customer each and every repair or modification requested by him. Respectfully, Fred Brooks
Technical Support / Re: Red Hat valve fuse
« Last post by Joel Ashley on October 18, 2021, 11:57:12 PM »
Wow, our fill valve doesn’t auto-shutoff.  If I’m not waiting and watching the Aladdin monitor(s), I only get alerted by the sound of overfill splashing under the rig.

Joel

General Discussion / Re: purchasing a 2003 marquis 68k miles (help)
« Last post by Jeff Johnson on October 18, 2021, 11:29:00 PM »
Michael,
Be suspect of any repairs or service that were done.
I'm fairly certain that most owners don't go back to recheck the service or see the used parts that were replaced.
After owning three motorhomes and two trailers, I have had twice two separate shops dump ALL the oil into said device without checking dipstick..........true story!!!
why? "well you you gave it us so we thought it should all go in". and the other rear axle was drained and was never refilled except for about 10% of the correct amount. The trailer had incorrect rating tires for that size trailer.

To quote someone fairly famous "trust but verify".
Hope all goes well with your purchase and happy traveling.

Jeff
Technical Support / Re: Red Hat valve fuse
« Last post by Gene Obie on October 18, 2021, 11:15:00 PM »
I see now the Aladdin also shuts off the fill valve when it thinks the tank is full. So it sort of makes sense that Aladdin needs to be ON for that to work.
Technical Support / Re: magnadyne keypad
« Last post by Bill Lampkin on October 18, 2021, 09:52:54 PM »
I think if you replaced all three components (keypad, relay module, and key fob and wireless module) with new Essex units, you would have no problems. Our entry keypad didn't work for the first 4 years we had the coach. BCS replaced the keypad and we use it all the time, very convenient! Either repaired or replaced, you won't regret it once its working,
« Last post by Joel Ashley on October 18, 2021, 09:44:46 PM »
Consider getting the existing Magnadyne repaired.   I'm a proponent of fixing electronic failures myself whenever its within my capabilities.  When it's not I'd call MM.
https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/

Often it's just a tiny component worth a few cents, and too often it's a nanocracked solder bead easily reset with a soldering iron.  Or maybe high resistance from corrosion... the pad lives outside after all, and has a history of susceptibility to rain and washing.

New or repaired, Lexel the heck out of it when reinstalling the pad on the coach wall.
Joel
« Last post by Dennis Belfils on October 18, 2021, 08:16:07 PM »
Thanx Bill. Just got off the phone with Tec @ Essex. They do not know if their KE-1701 will work with our rig. It depends on the type of relays being used. They do not know if I need to replace the key FOB transmitter or not. I was told they get this question every few months, but no one has replied back to them on whether it worked out alright or not. Unless I can get more info I think we will have to just live without it for now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10