Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Technical Support / Re: 2006 dometic fridge
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 05, 2024, 08:17:52 PM »
Welcome to the club
A couple points.  I am not a fan of gas absorption fridges since electric residential have improved so much.  The over freezing ice you describe might be bad seals on the doors allowing moist air in.  Ours does that too and it’s residential.  Replacement seals may not be available but an option is to heat the seal with warm air.  Sometimes it helps. 
The defrost is the main issue but short of contacting a salvage yard I can’t help there. 
Best of luck
Technical Support / 2006 dometic fridge
« Last post by Ricardo Vela on July 05, 2024, 08:03:51 PM »
I have a 2006 Beaver Monteray 40'..  the dometic fridge has an error 13.  {disconnected or broken defrosting element in drain
tube/tray}. I removed the element it has a short. unfortunately it is no longer available.   what are my options? i like the fridge it works well.  its the side wall next to the lce maker that over freezes with ice.
thank you
General Discussion / Towing a 2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid
« Last post by Bob Dunlap on July 05, 2024, 04:40:12 PM »
We're selling our toad, a 2014 Ford Fiesta (anyone interested?) and replacing it with a 2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid.  I've heard that the Roadmaster base plate and tow bars are the way to go (less cutting out of the front facia.  We have the Duo Stay-N-Play braking system on out Fiesta and love it.  Does anyone have any experience on installing the Stay-N-Play on a Maverick?  Need to know any difficulties in installation and how it works on the Maverick platform.
Technical Support / Dash Vent controls
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 05, 2024, 03:20:28 AM »
Having had the dash A/C completely redone we haven’t used it since.  Today I fired that up and found the A/C - Heat - Defrost mode switch made no difference.  It was stuck in defrost mode so no A/C.  Thanks to Steve’s forum and a long talk with Bill Lampkin I started looking at the Vacuum pump and resevoire which looks like a softball and is in the generator compartment on the firewall.  A vacuum line had become dislodged and problem solved.

Hope this helps someone! 
General Discussion / Re: 98 Beaver Motorhome Front Curtain Motor
« Last post by Steve Huber Co-Admin on July 04, 2024, 09:58:19 PM »
Randy,
If you haven't already done so, check the track and curtain carriers to ensure the curtain travels freely when not attached to the motor. Cleaning the track may help.
Steve
Technical Support / Re: Replace leveling air compressor
« Last post by Keith Moffett on July 04, 2024, 09:37:36 PM »
Just a heads up
I just contacted Dan North at Valid leveling.  1-250-804-1247
They were great to work with and recognized our era coach and the best replacement compressor for us.  VTL10A014-01
The original was Power Gear and used a Firestone compressor with no relay to the pressure switch.  (See Steve Huber’s link above)
Valid has redesigned this unit and it includes the original connector for our harness and a relay to protect the pressure switch. 
It is a bit more than Viair 380C from Amazon but worth the difference I think.
General Discussion / 98 Beaver Motorhome Front Curtain Motor
« Last post by Randy Keaveny on July 04, 2024, 04:44:05 PM »
looking on any info on the fwd curtain motor and attachments that covers the windshield....the motor in it is weak and barely moves the string to pulll the curtain??  any help would be greatly appreciated

Thx
Randy

Motorhomes and Tow Cars / Toad For Sale
« Last post by Bob Dunlap on July 03, 2024, 05:21:29 AM »
We're letting our very dependable and economical toad go.  It's all set up for being towed.  We bought it in 2016 and have paid attention to every little thing that it needed.  We're on our 2nd "extended" warranty from Ford and they have been great about fixing or replacing all covered items.  The original color is Storm Grey, but has a vinyl wrap to match our 06 Beaver Monterey.  The vinyl wrap is starting to show signs of age, but still cleans up nicely.  It's got a "Stay'N'Play" breaking system that only requires flipping 2 switches to get it working.  No messing with the brake actuator.  It's got 109K miles on it and year-old tires.  We'll even throw in an outdoor cover for it. Asking $8,000.
General Discussion / Re: Lincoln toads, not?
« Last post by Joel Ashley on July 02, 2024, 09:44:35 PM »
Paul, our ‘97 Explorer Limited had a dealer-installed “Neutral Tow” switch (cost $100) that to put in tow mode required only tapping the brake in neutral and holding until a little lamp came on.  I just had to remember to release the parking brake after fastening the Roadmaster auxiliary brake in place.  I could also ease my mind at rest stops, etc., glancing through the driver’s window to make sure the little lamp was still on.

I’m surprised a 2020 model would have a mechanical tow device rather than electronic;  it sounds more like that aftermarket driveshaft disconnect device that many used.  As Keith notes, I think today’s towables use a simple “neutral tow” switch on the dash that may be factory installed.  If I could see a new hybrid Nautilus in person on a lot I could check for its presence, but also the owners manual online should cover its use.

Joel
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]